Whats delivery like?

Well, the happy day has dawned............just taken delivery of the newbie...been a long time coming and few hiccups on the way (Skoda did later admit that they had lost track of where it was) but all forgotten and forgiven..Just had a little play back home from Wakefield but now going out again for a longer play (Mrs P wanted to eat  :wall: ) ..In a word its..terrific. Have taken to it immediately, something that sadly I never did with the Octavia, good car though it was. This is firstly more comfortable, or certainly is for me. The heated seats are great, got cruise control back on, which is something I have really missed..Came up the M1 50 limit, CC set and was able to watch what was going on around me instead of just the speed  :kiss: ..Its got maxi dot, the passenger airbag turn off switch as well as roof bars, side rubbing strips and mudguards all in silver and even enough petrol to get me home!!!...

Think its going to be a love affair  :love:

Thanks for all the info and friendship on here peeps and look forward to continuing..

Edited by paully

Phew!!  Long time coming eh?  Glad it finally worked out.

3 months and 3.5k miles into mine and loving it more by the day.  Took the grandkids to Filey yesterday.  With the buggy in there bootspace is a little tight compared with the Octavia but all it means is that you have to think a little more about how you are packing it - can't just lob it into the abyss like the Octavia!  But loads of space for their stuff in the back and they really love the big windows cos they can see out really well.

If you are half as happy with yours as I am with mine then it is gonna be a great car!  Only issue so far is the light in the lower glovebox that doesn't go out when the door is shut.  The top box floor got VERY hot!  I have taken out the bulb for now.  Not worth a trip to the dealer just for that - it can wait until first service time!

Dropping down from 2 Elegance Octavias I thought I would miss the toys and have been surprised that I have missed nothing until I drove at night for the first time.  Auto-dimming rear mirror!  Doesn't help that it wasn't fully dark so when I dipped the mirror I just got a glorious view out of the panorama sun-roof!.

Now here is a little advantage that I would never have considered!  The fuel filler is right at the back corner. This, plus the vertical back means you can fill dead easy from the "wrong" side without the filler hose scraping over the boot lid!

Had a good play yesterday, my son took it for a good drive and came back well impressed as were other relatives who wouldnt normally have looked at a Roomster....2 problems though.One is the headlights, are set too low and need adjusting, although the light output seemed good but second one is quite funny...I turned on my heated seat, wife said she was warm enough, followed a short time later yelling at me that her bum was on fire  :rofl:  :rofl: ..appears the factory have wired the seats up to the wrong switches  :rock: ..really was funny..Agree about the refuelling though, very good..Going to have to play about with Grand Daughters odd shaped goods requirements though, but nowt we cant overcome...Lads at work have rung me today asking what it is like, so more playtime tomorrow  :giggle: ...Interesting while we were at the dealers we both climbed in and out of a Yeti and a Roomster parked next to it...and we both preferred the Roomster hands down..

Must be Skoda`s best kept secret....

• 2 months later...

I ordered my Romster on August 3rd....that was 15 weeks ago Saturday gone.  On ordering I was told 12 weeks.  The car was built on 31st October.  I was told a week ago that it was "In Emden awaiting shipping"... Since then there have been at least 5 ships from Emden arriving at Port of Tyne (6 miles from my dealer)...and I STILL haven't got it...

Getting impatient now cos the MOT is up on my Fiesta on the 30th November

Rob (South Northumberland)

PS It'll be a 1.2 TSI 105......

Edited by g1tpo

Welcome to the forum and I can appreciate exactly how you feel :devil: ..My advice is get back onto the dealer and make a nuisance of yourself. Its quite reasonable to think that they have lost track of it in Emden..Also ring Skoda UK, but my experience hasnt been very positive with them. You might have better luck. Certainly when it gets to the Tyne the dealer can get the transport company to expedite delivery (that is well within their remit), so ring ring ring the dealer and keep pestering..

I can tell you that its worth waiting for..a little cracker of a car..quirky looks yes but many underestimate it  :sun: ..happy motoring and keep us posted

Hi Rob and welcome from me, too.

Are you part-exchanging your Fiesta for the Roomy?  If so, your dealer will probably have asked how much MoT was left on the Fiesta before making the deal.  If this is the case, you have nothing to lose by explaining to your dealer the difficulties you will encounter because of his mis-information on delivery date.  Be a bit cheeky and ask if you can have a courtesy car for the intervening time.  The worst he can do is say no!

Hi Folks,

It arrived at Port of Tyne on Wednesday last week, the dealer is getting it on Wednesday this week (4th Dec - "The Transporters are busy on the run up to Christmas") and I'm picking it up on Thursday morning.  So it'll be a couple of days short of 17 weeks.... 

The deal...i.e. part ex and so on was agreed in early August.  I did go back in early Septemeber asking if it could be upped from the 86 PS (my original order) to the 105....as long as it didn't delay delivery!!  The dealer just changed the spec on the computer...so maybe that's caused the delay, although he said it wouldn't.

Anyway...we are witout a car for 4 days only, so it's not the end of the world.....

NB I didn't know or expect this but Skoda gave me a weeks free insurance - primarily to speed up getting the vehicle taxed....

Well done Result  :sun:  The 105 is fast..I had this engine on a Fabia Estate and it was well fast, just watch when you set off from a standing start, you can get the wheels to spin easily. Ihave gone down to the 86 and to be fair is fine for what i want. I take it you have got the SE?....all in all lovely little bus and hope you can get us some piccies  :sun:

Either way keep in touch and let us know whay you think of it

Edited by paully

Well, today I took the plunge and visited my local dealer to discuss the purchase of a new TSI Roomster. I was looking to take advantage of the 0% finance offer and pick up the free service offer. Having read this thread and others I expected to haggle over the fine detail- given the expected four or five month wait while sticking to what I wanted. I expected to have to pay near list to get the benefits of Solutions.

I pick up my Roomster next Wednesday: I saw it today and had a very close look around it. In short, there are still silver metallic TSI 85 SE Roomsters in the UK available for 9990. No brainer I think is the term!

A good choice MJ8 and welcome to the forum...I`ve got the silver metallic as well...doesnt show the muck :rofl: ..great little car and at a very good price.You`ve got a new car with 3 years warranty and servicing for the same price as a second hand Ford.No Brainer is the term indeed..

Well, today I took the plunge and visited my local dealer to discuss the purchase of a new TSI Roomster. I was looking to take advantage of the 0% finance offer and pick up the free service offer. Having read this thread and others I expected to haggle over the fine detail- given the expected four or five month wait while sticking to what I wanted. I expected to have to pay near list to get the benefits of Solutions.

I pick up my Roomster next Wednesday: I saw it today and had a very close look around it. In short, there are still silver metallic TSI 85 SE Roomsters in the UK available for 9990. No brainer I think is the term!

Did you get it for 9990 and 0%? If so you did well, I had to pay 7.9% on mine (didn't matter as I paid it of within the 14 days and still got the free servicing)

I think the SE for this money is a cracking deal I wonder how many are still available? Hope you enjoy it as much as I do mine.