DAB radio

hmibennett

This is probably an extremely silly question, but do I have - or should I expect to have - a DAB radio in my L&K that I collected last week? There is nothing about it in the manual, nor on the casing of the radio/satnav unit and there is no DAB reception around here anyway. Will something amazing happen when I drive into a DAB-enabled area? Or is this another alleged feature (along with the stainless steel pedals, for example) that never made it to the UK version? (And if so, should Skoda UK be offering a refund?)

Yes there is a dab radio and in the areas I've tried it works well. One confusion from a traditional radio is the the memory displayed can have stations that are dab, FM, am on the one screen. The bands election has the dab.

Yes there is a dab radio and in the areas I've tried it works well. One confusion from a traditional radio is the the memory displayed can have stations that are dab, FM, am on the one screen. The bands election has the dab.

Thanks, Ernie - hardly had a chance to explore the new car yet! I collected it on Thursday and then we have been in London (by train) from Friday until today (and SWMBO insisted on driving us to the station in her Citigo), then are out tonight (and being driven by friends). Have managed, however, to put some music onto the HDD via SD card this afternoon (and the Blackburn Rovers stickers are in the window, of course).

Having had another 'fiddling' session with the new car this morning I have indeed discovered the DAB band on the radio - needless to say, it can't pick up any broadcast in this part of the world! The FM quality, however, seems better than on my previous Yeti - or is that just the warm, new-car glow kidding me? But the satnav seems very responsive too: my previous one would not fix a 'home' location when under my carport roof, but only from a few yards down the road; this new one was able to fix the location under the carport roof instantly - so maybe the aerial is more sensitive, or the electronics have been improved (or just that the satellites happened to be in the right place at the right time!).

I find the Columbus gets a satellite fix almost immediately, impressed, but probably the car retains the last 'fix' coupled with a rough idea of the time so when the car is started it know where to look.

I've also found the the 'radio' reception is very good when compared to the previous Bolero.

Thanks, Ernie - hardly had a chance to explore the new car yet! I collected it on Thursday and then we have been in London (by train) from Friday until today (and SWMBO insisted on driving us to the station in her Citigo), then are out tonight (and being driven by friends). Have managed, however, to put some music onto the HDD via SD card this afternoon (and the Blackburn Rovers stickers are in the window, of course).

I've got some spare 'Sponge Bob Square Pants' stickers I can send to cover those problem Blackburn Rovers stickers if that'll help........ :giggle:

Good to see your a member of the 'Candy White' gang :thumbup:

I too have the L & K and normally listen to DAB on my daily commute between New Mills & Macclesfield (Derbyshire/Cheshire Border) and have noticed just a few dead spots (only a matter of seconds) and the radio automatically switches to the FM version of the same station and defaults back to DAB when the signal is returned.

One thing I have noticed is that sometimes when the car is started, the columbas can take upto a minute to start and displays ' System Starting' with the buttons being unoperable during this time, I don't know if this is because I have an 32GB SD card in, or is this normal?

It's the same on mine. Have discovered DAB for the first time this evening (in Swaledale, astonishingly) - and, as has been said, the switch between DAB and FM is seamless. Impressive!

• Like 1