Greenline Gubbins for new Superb.

bilun777

I noticed in todays AutoExpress that all the Greenline stuff .... "Including".....the 16" wheels and tyres, will be available across the Superb range.

With the exception of the L&K model.

Maybe The Facelift Yeti will get that option? :think:

Quick edit: It's in Auto Express,not Autocar ,where they state that the greenline tweaks will be available across the Superb range.

Most car manufacturers have realised it is really utterly DOH to have these fuel saving devices as a pay for option. Imagine if an invention like wiper blades were still an option?! So Greenline, Bluemotion, Ecomotion and all these silly "eco" models will disappear in due course.

As long as they keep those awful low rolling resistance tyres to themselves all will be good in doing this.

Company car tax is the reason they exist.

No other reason i can think of...

Erm, and?! So you have a half a range that can't be bought as company cars and the other half that is tax efficient... The ENTIRE range should be tax efficient and company car tax friendly! Hence these eco trims will be going the way of the dinosaurs and the "gubbins" will become standard on a whole range.

Erm, and?! So you have a half a range that can't be bought as company cars and the other half that is tax efficient... The ENTIRE range should be tax efficient and company car tax friendly! Hence these eco trims will be going the way of the dinosaurs and the "gubbins" will become standard on a whole range.

Well if you knock off 5 CO2's every year then the company car tax gradually becomes more punitive.

Banging in a 119CO2 yeti when the rest do at best 149 CO2's was a good way to get some fleet sales and it's easier / cheaper than trying to get every vehicle in the range down to low low emissions.

There is also a lot of "marketing" value to both the consumer and the government by flashing the "i'm eco" credentials.

Nothing says you care about the environment more than a vehicle that runs on batteries mined in Canada, reprocessed in Scandanavia, Built in Japan and shipped to the UK on a container ship. :giggle:

Anyway i digress, my view is that they do it to get sales from certain areas and the cheapest and easiest way to do that is the path they will follow.

ShareHolders are king, as my CEO likes to go on about constantly.

• Like 1

Well if you knock off 5 CO2's every year then the company car tax gradually becomes more punitive.

Banging in a 119CO2 yeti when the rest do at best 149 CO2's was a good way to get some fleet sales and it's easier / cheaper than trying to get every vehicle in the range down to low low emissions.

I agree but my point is that in the future a 149 CO2 Yeti (and higher) won't exist. They will ONLY make the most efficient ones that are today a trim level with all these silly Eco names. For example the 140 TDIs will get stop-start and all that so that the whole range is more efficient. They simply won't offer the dirty engines we have now anymore.

• Like 2

I sort of agree with Johann and Alleycat.

I think there will always be some sort of a special a special ECO car in most ranges although this will maybe given to the base model in the range of cars in the future. Remember the days when the marketing bods used the economy argument on the lower spec cars during the 70s and 80s?

Currently ECO cars still have a good level of equipment compared too the standard cars. Less kit = less weight/power hungry devices ergo less carbons. However as Johann states I think it will be highly likely that stop start will be phased in to most models in the future. Clearly current dirty engines will either disappear completely or remain in some sort of detuned version. I may be wrong (usually) but just look at the power plants in the Mazda MX5 over the years... and yes I do understand that this is not a direct competitor to the Yeti unless she has a sun roof :giggle:

So as for Yeti, well she will have to make sure she eats her greens and forgo the pudding :sweat:

GreenTech is already available on the Yeti and has been for some while. However SUK has again, in their infinite wisdom (or lack thereof) not given UK customers these engine options.

Available in 2wd only; 1.4TSI or 140TDI and likewise on 16" rims but with 215/60 tyres unlike the Greenline on 205/55.

TP

Typical,they would be on my Facelift Spec list.

Maybe I can do an Irish import next year?

1.4 TSI Greentech Elegance with Panoramic roof and 215/60/16 wheels. :think: