amundsen sat nav maps update

checked my version of the maps on the SD card and they are 2011!

So downloaded the latest update and installed

The car was only delivered 3 weeks ago- cant believe maps are obsolete already........

• Like 1

Stupid question - how do you update the maps ? Is there a URL you could point me to?

Thanks in anticipation

Lee

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Pipsyp posted this link a couple of days ago

Be prepared for an error message which says please insert card with valid navigation data, while the machine reboots, and your existing favourites will be retained as it is only the maps which are updated.

Edited by mannyo
Remove link to illegal download site.

Hope that link has helped guys; happened to come across it in one of the other forums.

I think its a bit of an ask for people to obliterate their GB's downloading this via their broadband, particularly the Columbus at 17GB but at least they offer the flexibility; would expect the dealer could do it for you if you didnt have decent broadband or generally couldnt be assed :-)

It would be interesting to know what version number or date you get after one of the downloaded upgrades (as displayed in the SatNav info). We could then tell our dealers that we expect our new cars to handed over to us at this mapping level.

It would be interesting to know what version number or date you get after one of the downloaded upgrades (as displayed in the SatNav info). We could then tell our dealers that we expect our new cars to handed over to us at this mapping level.

Great idea as they should be supplied with the latest and upto date for our sat-nav

Great idea as they should be supplied with the latest and upto date for our sat-nav

Thanks - now we just need volunteers for Amundsen and Columbus, preferably with unlimited superfast broadband!

I have downloaded and will look to update on my columbus over the weekend, got a fibre network and took the best part of a day to download the 17Gb and an hour to copy to SD

looks like it is the same version as on the hard disk in the unit, so its out of date or the latest they have

/NavDB/DBinfo/0/default/dbinfo

PartNumber1="V03959800KN"

PartNumber2="V03959800GN"

PartNumber3="V03959800KH"

ApplicationSoftwareVersionNumber="0041"

SystemName="ECE 2013 "

Variant="ECE"

ReleaseName="2013"

DevVersion="P41_N60S5MIBH3_EU_NT_Q1.12"

Info on current drive

Dev: 5E0035020

H/W: H40

S/W: 0101

DB: V0395800KH0041 ECE 2013

Shame

• Like 1

I have downloaded and will look to update on my columbus over the weekend, got a fibre network and took the best part of a day to download the 17Gb and an hour to copy to SD

looks like it is the same version as on the hard disk in the unit, so its out of date or the latest they have

/NavDB/DBinfo/0/default/dbinfo

PartNumber1="V03959800KN"

PartNumber2="V03959800GN"

PartNumber3="V03959800KH"

ApplicationSoftwareVersionNumber="0041"

SystemName="ECE 2013 "

Variant="ECE"

ReleaseName="2013"

DevVersion="P41_N60S5MIBH3_EU_NT_Q1.12"

Info on current drive

Dev: 5E0035020

H/W: H40

S/W: 0101

DB: V0395800KH0041 ECE 2013

Shame

certainly on the Amundsen the maps installed on the SD card are November 2011.

The new maps are July 2012 and the file size is bigger, so on the Amundsen at least it is an update

We are discussing the link posted earlier in the backroom, there is the possibility it is actually legit so apologies for removing it earlier in the thread.

www.navigation.com

Here it is again, and I'll leave it be for now.

However the updates appear to be for the latest generation of Columbus and Amundsen+ as featured in the new Octavia. The updates require a SD Card to load them, which we all know is not possible on the older generation of Columbus.

I collected my car on Friday 24th and have been trying to find out about all the techie stuff!

I managed to ascertain that my SatNav software was version 18 - 2012/2013. Overnight, when my downloads are free, i downloaded the software from the web-site. I managed to find out that this was version 21 - 2013. So with great trepidation I followed the instructions and it seems have managed to update the software with the Amunsden telling me it is now using version 21!

Have to say I am loving the car!!