How Fast 3 ........the picture thread!

Brimma

I bought the tyres used and they have done a fair amount of track work with me already. Three tyres still have life, it just seems my front left took a battering, probably due to taking too many kerbs. It wasn't like that all the way round which was odd. Just 2/3 of the shoulder.

I was lighting up the front left out of the first hairpin when getting back on the power, it was quite easy to do so. Maybe a four wheel align might be worth while, adjust the camber etc

The front camber is fixed so no possibility of increase the negative camber without fitting lowering the suspension, adjustable lower control arms or installing adjustable top mounts. The latter two arent available at the moment from what I have seen. A good geo setup will help the handling of the car, but it wont be stopping your inside wheel spinning up.

Its because of the inside wheel being unloaded due to the body roll which can be seen in the pics above. The throttle maping dosnt help either. 3/4 throttle pedel = 100% throttle open!! Bring back cable throttles or let us all have linear throttle maps is what i say.

A lot of the MSV pics were done early on by the looks of it, so as I didn't rush out at the start of practice in the traffic there are not many of the Yeti in action, other than a few side on shots. :(

Still, maybe more will follow...

Also noticed that the TT-RS seemed to be taking part in the 8am session too, as he has some pics mixed in with them.

Which would explain why I didn't see him in the car park.

A lot of the MSV pics were done early on by the looks of it

indeed they were......cos i'm in them!

I did see hims stood taking pictures at the first chicane or as i like to call it "Ground Zero"

Fecker was still there to capture a sequence showing me exiting stage left too

Oh Dear

2-2_zpsfb75ffbe.jpg

REALLY OH DEAR

1-1_zpsec9e43c9.jpg

AND I'M GONE :D

3-3_zpsad0e0ed1.jpg

would it be wrong to make this my new signature picture!!??

4_zps739b43b8.jpg

Also noticed that the TT-RS seemed to be taking part in the 8am session too

Yeah he was on track when i arrived and the MSV guys approached me as "organiser" to ask if it would be ok for him to join our session as he'd had so much fun in the morning he wanted to pay again run again!

• Like 1

Just had a look at MSV photographs, they are ok but I won't be buying them. I have a bit of in car of Pasty's hot laps going up shortly

I saw that one right in front of me Pasty!

If we did a group buy of the photos and took like two or three each we would be paying around £3 for it. What do you think? Their pricing structure seems to favour organised events. I do not mind paying for good photos.

http://www.msvtphoto...0455802?pcp=181

No wonder my front right tyre got so eaten up :devil:

http://www.msvtphoto...0788402?pcp=461

Still all four wheels touching the ground - I like soft chassis :blush:

I blame it on "realxed" diet in the week leading to the event. Had week off on kids duties which resulted in heavily unbalanced car as shown on the photo. I think James with his lad on board had a better balanced car and that is why he went quicker ;):D

• Like 1

I lost 2 center caps off my td prorace 1.2 wheels.

And I still didn't finish off the faulkens. Them tyres have to go.

Oh and my 152miles 42 of them on track, resulted in 18.6mpg. Good day and worth the money.

• Like 1

My final picture from the event

How my impeller ended the day

IMAG0305_zps13670fed.jpg

No wonder the car had no boost!!!

Clearly not an oil seal as we first though but probably the result of me overworking an already elderly infirm turbo by planting the throttle to try and pull myself out of the impending spin.

Next time I'll just surrender and pirouette with grace :D

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...