Here she is...

My name at work is "Jayne with a y" because if a customer asked my name I HAD to state that my name has a Y in it ;)

I'm the same, I always have to say "Bryan with a y", or you can bet your life they'll spell it wrong

:(

• Like 1

Speaking as a 'Garry with two Rs' I totally understand.

My wifes name is Tegolin. If she had a pound for every time

shes had to spell that for people neither of us would have to work.

• Like 1

Tell me about it! Another one I found at work is a lot of Brian's are actually Bryan and Martin's are Martyn so I always check now!

And thank you the old car going bang really was a blessing in disguise

Your new car looks ace, but it's very, errrr........black!

Are you going replace the badges with the new black & silver type for the total stealth look?

I did think about it, would that be a relatively easy task?

Yeah, they are just very posh stickers in the long run.

The badges come off with a bit of heat (hair dryer)

and some fishing line or similar behind them to cut through the foam tape.

Then clean up any adhesive residue with some Tardis (see your detailer mate)

or wd40. Once clean, replace with the new badges which are just a peel and

stick job. Just make sure you get the right ones which will follow the contours of the car.

The front Skoda badge actually clips into the grill/bonnet so that's an easy one, and I think the rear one does too. As grr666 says, all the others are merely stick on. The black TDI on mine was bought off fleaBay and comes with it's own fitting plate to make installation fool proof.

post-103328-0-98738900-1370515226_thumb.jpg

Joining in late with the eager chorus - excellent color choice and El will suit her.

Now all you need to do is re-map, racing brake fluid, track pads and some good rubber and El will show all the brisky old men how things should be done :)

Jab, although the remap is an improvement, it will never, unfortunately, be a vRS slayer :(

Jab, although the remap is an improvement, it will never, unfortunately, be a vRS slayer :(

It's not all about the power.

For all we know Jayneyyy could be a demon driver! :D

• Like 1

It always starts with a badge or a brisky sticker ;). Then a remap, bigger turbo, IC, injectors and before you know it costs you well more than vRS as many can testify :D. And I bet OP could show quite a few of us how to drive briskly ;). Dannika Patrick anyone?

It always starts with a badge or a brisky sticker ;). Then a remap, bigger turbo, IC, injectors and before you know it costs you well more than vRS as many can testify :D.

Nice ideal, Jabo, but none of those things are available for the lower end diesel derivatives..........they seem to be reserved for you light gas guzzlers for some reason :(

Having said that, mine will gain at least 30bhp when the Monster Energy logos go on, purely because of the word 'energy' being added :)

• Like 1

Not sure what is going on either with brisky or my browser/pc (Firefox which I always use) but to post anything today I have to go to "more Reply Options" and I am not able to quote... :(

Brimma, so you are saying that 1.6 CRD motors have very little upgrade otpions available off the shelf on the market? Wasn't aware...

I'd wager just adding "B" briskoda logo adds 5bhp alone! Have you done it yet Janey?

Brimma, so you are saying that 1.6 CRD motors have very little upgrade otpions available off the shelf on the market? Wasn't aware...

It's been the same since the 2.0 CR came out in the Octavia, barring a remap there's nothing else I'm aware of which can be done to the engine to upgrade

DPF delete might add a few bhp, but nothing too major

All sorts of things you can do to the 2.0 petrol :(

Not sure what is going on either with brisky or my browser/pc (Firefox which I always use) but to post anything today I have to go to "more Reply Options" and I am not able to quote... :(

You probablty need to clear your cache, as per the instructions here:

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/242438-before-posting-in-this-forum-please-read/

It's been the same since the 2.0 CR came out in the Octavia, barring a remap there's nothing else I'm aware of which can be done to the engine to upgrade

DPF delete might add a few bhp, but nothing too major

All sorts of things you can do to the 2.0 petrol :(

Indeed, the diesel tuning on the CR is lacking a bit.

It's pretty much a remap only, then a slightly better remap with the DPF removed.

Shame as I was hoping to give the Yeti a bit more zip. It can clearly handle it.

I guess the petrol version being a lot more similar to the earlier engines means less development is needed...

Still, I think this black monte would be quite a tool with a remap. :happy:

• Like 1

Still, I think this black monte would be quite a tool with a remap. :happy:

I was there when Jayneyyyy's mum and dad waved goodbye and headed home, and I can clearly remember her mum's parting words, and Jayneyyyy clearly saying "no, mum, I won't be doing anything to the car"

• Like 3

I was there when Jayneyyyy's mum and dad waved goodbye and headed home, and I can clearly remember her mum's parting words, and Jayneyyyy clearly saying "no, mum, I won't be doing anything to the car"

Thanks Brimma :blush::blush: :blush:

But as I later said to you... you can't see a remap ;) although I did put my foot down for the first time today on the way home from work when some idiot tried cutting me up... I smiled... lots... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

• Like 2