1.6CR lowering and remapping

Hi all

It's been a long time since I had my old Octavia and hence, a long time since I've been on Briskoda!

It's good to see the community looks as active as ever!

I will soon be coming into ownership of a family owned 2010 1.6CR TDI Fabia SE 75ps. Obviously, this will likely fail to excite in the long run. As such, i'm just doing the normal digging to see what can be done within reason to help the car appeal.

Does anyone have any experience with the variety of lowering sets available on eBay e.g...

(http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SKODA-FABIA-Mk2-5J-2010-1-6-TDi-F25-R15mm-PI-LOWERING-SPRINGS-/251131358619?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3a78986d9b)

Or with remapping such a low powered engine? (Is it worth it at all?)

Thanks

Hi, the 75PS engine is the same as the 90 and 105 versions also, so a remap can take the car to approx 135bhp.

Our price is £399 and there are some Briskodians already running our remap who will hopefully give you their thoughts :)

Remapping is generally available for the 1.6 CR now, and should bounce you up from 75 to 130bhp (not sure if your insurance company will be happy with such a large %age upgrade though

I went to Shark Performance for mine (on the 105 version)

I have the estate and decided on a full Bilstein B12 kit (shocks and springs), so can't comment on the springs

That's excellent news, thanks for the insight guys. I had assumed that the different output 1600s used different turbos etc as with the old 1900s.

Somewhere I have a Shark STS unit in hiding for an old PD150 Leon I had, is it safe to assume that this would also work with the 1.6CR?

Somewhere I have a Shark STS unit in hiding for an old PD150 Leon I had, is it safe to assume that this would also work with the 1.6CR?

I very much doubt it, but you'd be better off asking Shark direct

Ah I see, it seems things have changed a bit in the last few years!

Regarding the springs, would a set of OEM VRs springs be permissable on a 1.6 diesel? Are the kerb weights very different off the top of anyone's head?

This is a possibility thanks, Sy. I read the kerbweight for the diesel is 1129kg, whereas the Vrs comes in at 1318kgs (owing to the box I assume). I guess that means it'll ride slightly stiffer than an equivilent Vrs hatch.

Difference will probably be negligable though.