Squeaky Drivers Door Window

Anyone got any ideas on what the best thing to do to stop the window from squeaking? It squeaks going up and down, I've seen suggestions of lubricant on the net, also talcum powder. Any ideas welcome, it's starting to do my head in now. Don't really want to have to take the door panel off etc. I think it's the rubber seal that's the problem but not sure.

OK just tried this remember seeing it ages ago on TV. Get a table candle and rub it on the top of the window edge also rub on the gaps around the frame. This does work, i just did mine today. You will need to go up and down a few times but it does go !

OK just tried this remember seeing it ages ago on TV. Get a table candle and rub it on the top of the window edge also rub on the gaps around the frame. This does work, i just did mine today. You will need to go up and down a few times but it does go !

Thats what my missus says !! :hi:

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

Whoever suggested rubbing a candle on the sweaky area you are an absolute genius. You are the sole reason I have regained love for my car! I used it on inconspicuous areas of my leather interior where the friction caused irritation to my ears and also the door seal around the drivers door and the boot. It may have even fixed the sweaky window when opening and closing it!! Legend! Many many thanks :)