Delivery Check List

What are the most common delivery faults (if any) on a Superb that are worth checking before signing the dotted line? I am picking up my Brand new Superb Estate Elegance 1.8TSi DSG on Monday afternoon and would like to pick people's brains beforehand so I can go in armed.

From all I am hearing on this site Skoda have excellent quality control, but it would still be good to know if there are consistent niggles to save myself time and grief later.

Mine came with

a spare wheel and wheel changing kit. The little plastic thingy needed to remove the wheel nut covers was missing. My dealer quickly provided it when told.

Before you collect the car, check with the dealer that you can inspect the car indoors if there's any chance of rain, otherwise you won't see any marks on the paintwork etc.

If you do find anything wrong, make sure it's noted down and decide whether to reject the car or get it in writing that the dealer will rectify it later to your satisfaction.

1   Check all the optional extras

2   Full size spare wheel in boot, tool set and key adapter for locking wheel nuts.

3   Check the condition of all the bodywork, wheels and interior, fog lights for stone chips (if its got cosmetic damage its going to be down to you once you drive away).

4   Marks on wheels from lashing ratchet strap from the transporter lorry. Refurbs on diamond cut alloys can last only six months, so demand a new wheel.

5   Look very carefully for any small dents or chips. Crouch low and look along the sides of the vehicle and all around for anything out of the ordinary. If the car is outside and it has been raining tell the dealer you will be inspecting the car as soon as it is dry as you wouldn't see anything small if wet.

6   Check panel allignment

7   Check the fit of the doors (front especially) up at the top of the window towards the rear.

8   Have a good look at the seats and the fit of all the trim inside.

9   Check the transport blocks have been removed from the suspension springs

10   Headlight settings are on UK setting (i.e. dipped headlights are not always on with ignition)

11   Umbrella in left rear door lining

12   English manuals, make sure they have filled in and stamped the PDI part of the service book.

13   Make sure all other documents are in the vehicle wallet.

14   Radio security code has been inputted and you have the number etc

15   Make sure there are no stray rags/cloths in the engine compartment.

16   Smoking Pack/Non smoking pack (which ever you ordered)

17   Check VIN numbers match between the car and documentation.

18   Make sure you are set up for the service regime you want (Longlife or time & distance)

19   If there is no top up oil in a little bag in the boot ask for some.

20   Check the bolt caps have been inserted in the holes on the wheels

21   Drop the windows right down, and then put them back up on auto (don't hold it).  Make sure the windows don't drop when they're about an inch from shut.

22   But dont worry too much about making sure all the electric stuff works (if there is a fault with the car its covered by warranty anyway) just concentrate on the stuff that the retailer can deny responsibility for later.

23  Two keys with remote locking functions, plus plastic key tag - with serial number, for ordering replacement key if necessary.

24  When you get the car home check the tyre pressures (once they have cooled down) - they sometimes leave the factory at 55 psi (set for long term storage)

25 Check the rechargeable torch is in the boot.

26 Check fuel level if you agreed a quantity as part of the deal.

P.S. Nice choice of spec, engine, gearbox and colour!

Edited by artichoke273
  • Like 1

Just additional you might consider to check/test brakes and suspension for their initial values as there were problems with their rapid degrading quality. Skoda manufacturer preferred to deal directly with some Superb owners instead recalling a significant number of vehicles replacing the faulty parts on commercial compensatory agreement.

Usually the workshop should have a stand/bench with vibrating plates for shock absorbers efficiency test and rolling cylinders for braking force value.

To my car initially I had 68 - 70% shock absorbers efficiency and after 18000 km rear axle developed a significant difference of 12% and needed to be replaced. Skoda blamed me initially for negligence but after showing them initial readings 6% unbalance on rear axle they admitted to replace them on warranty basis / commercial offer. Unbalanced shocks with independent axle is not funny at all.

New absorbers were now 84% efficiency, minor unbalance 1%, perfect stability and ESP control.

For braking no issue, still have OEM brake pads and rotors after 76k km and passed OK on 75k km maintenance.

• Like 1