Fence paint specks

gadgetman

What's the best way to remove fence paint specs from the paint work and rubbers around windows?

Last weekend the people behind our drive were painting and just caught it as it'd only just happened.

Worried if I don't spot them doing a 2nd coat it might bake on or damage the paintwork.

Unfortunately I have nowhere else to move the car today as there seems to be a gathering/party going on.

a tar remover should shift it, something like Autosmart Tardis or Carpro TarX, where are you based as someone may be able to help you out with some rather than you having to buy it?

• Like 1

• 4 years later...

Add me to the list of ****ed off neighbours.  I only just noticed it now, and it was months ago the fence was painted :(  I've no idea which paint was used, and the fence is part of a block of flats adjacent to our house so I can't even complain/ask what paint they used.  

It's not coming off with a clay bar, and why should I ruin my almost new pads trying to remove it that way.  

Shall I try some iron/fallout remover? http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=1545

Or maybe some heavily diluted white spirit hand applied with a soft cloth? Great timing considering I'm selling the car within the next 4 weeks...

46 minutes ago, simonsheil said:

The paint my neighbour uses comes straight off with isopropyl alcohol (95%). Any other method I tried was slow going.

Legend!  Just went out, and for some reason, I'd not thought about IPA. Worked like a charm! Car's not clean so I can't go around with a cotton pad, but at least I know it comes off very easy with IPA. Is neat IPA harmful to car paint, or will I be ok if I rinse and wash again afterwards?

1 hour ago, planehazza said:

Legend!  Just went out, and for some reason, I'd not thought about IPA. Worked like a charm! Car's not clean so I can't go around with a cotton pad, but at least I know it comes off very easy with IPA. Is neat IPA harmful to car paint, or will I be ok if I rinse and wash again afterwards?

IPA should be fine, detailers use it after machine polishing to remove polish residues and oils.

2 hours ago, ahenners said:

IPA should be fine, detailers use it after machine polishing to remove polish residues and oils.

Yeah, I, among many on here, do too. It's usually diluted down to about 10% with water though, so I was a little nervous putting it on neat. Did the trick though!