My toyosport fmic install

Hey peps just thought i would share some photos with you on fitment on the FMIC kit from toyosports for reference if you wanted to fit one. It was a PITA to fit but worth the hassle and cheaper than the forge kit. My temps have now dropped to around 21-25 which is much better than 52. anyway enjoy the pics and if you did need any tips just let me no. P.S the brackets holding the FMIC where just bought from wickes and just used M8 bolts with nuts so i could adjust the height on the intercooler and 2 M6 bolts to fit to the crash bar. Enjoy

IMAG0260.jpg

IMAG0261.jpg

IMAG0262.jpg

IMAG0263.jpg

IMAG0264.jpg

IMAG0265.jpg

IMAG0266.jpg

IMAG0267.jpg

IMAG0268.jpg

IMAG0270.jpg

IMAG0271.jpg

IMAG0271.jpg

IMAG0273.jpg

IMAG0274.jpg

Just now need to go see Rob at W8Performance and roll on stage 2

• Like 1

It is a toyosports kit for an Octavia just search on ebay. Took in total 8 hours I tried to fit all the clamps in positions that if they do blow off I can get to them without having to remove everything all over again. Dnt notice any lag as I think there is not much more pipework than oem.

Its not that bad when you're saving 300 odd quid or whatever. If it ws only £50 you save then id completely understand, but forge kits and the like are mega bucks in comparison and considering the value of the car itself seems ridiculous spending so much on one item.

People who buy them will always say its worth it for quality etc, but that's subjective

• Like 2

How hot does the pipe coming from the turbo get as it runs very close to the battery :/

I would think the heat from the engine would be more of a worry if any at all. The battery box does most of the soaking up the heat from the battery

these are all good untill you want to fit a strut brace and a catch can ect. no room. I found this out the hard way... in 2 months i went through 3 intercooler set ups haha!

Nice work tho pal, looks very neat. Rob @ W8 will look after you muchly as well!

• 5 months later...

i had this exact same kit on my car and it seemed to cause nothing but hassle, i had power issues, running issues and boost issues, i put everything back to standard in the end which im gutted about, however it didn't seem to put every thing back to normal by doing this, the car still had issues running and boosting correctly, now it seems to have settled down after a couple of months to being normal again but it was frustrating to go through all these problems, i changed the n75 during the fitting as this seemed to be causing a continuous overboost issue when the FMIC was first fitted so i'm running this new n75 now.  why would i have had so many issues do you think ? i contemplated changing actuator, fuel pump, dv, MAF, Map sensor but no codes apart from the overboost have come up on vagcom.