cruise control not working

As said previously, are your brake light working??

If not you need to replace the brake light switch which is part of the brake pedal assembly, a fairly easy and cheap part to purchase, buy from a Skoda dealer.

Do a search for Brake light switch, it's well documented on here.

DB.

The break pedal switch is working fine.now what does the clutch switch do? not had the car too long my guess is that the car needs the clutch pedal down first before it will start don't know other wise.

Edited by Joe41

Guest BigJase88

Silly question but your cruise control is switched on at the stalk?

I know it sounds silly but sometimes its the simple things

the brake lights are working though

Your brake light switch does more than operate the brake lights though. It's a combined switch hence having four pins on it. One switch, two circuits and more often than not its the engine management side of the switch that fails.

Get the fault codes read

Someone on here should be able to help you

+1

My money is still on the brake light switch.

Agree this the usual suspect.

However before blindly replacing all the parts get it scanned, then just change the faulty item.

I know what you are talking about but I can get a switch for £5 and I don't have a scanner to check the errors so its worth a punt the most its cost me is £10 for 2 switches then I will get it scanned

• 3 weeks later...

This is exactly the reason why the scan should be the first port of call, you could have saved the hassle and money from changing both switches, you also cannot be 100% certain that the replacement switches are working correctly either.