My estate has arrived

... but I haven't taken delivery yet.

Ordered back in March at Hatch launch weekend. Built early week 23. Phoned dealer tonight to check its progress and it's there already.

Chrome window surrounds: despite being told that these would be standard - they've not been fitted. I belatedly added chrome roof rails to match the (non-existent) chrome window trim; they're not on either! Quite glad really as I wanted black/black or chrome/chrome not a mixture - if that makes sense.

Apparently I can't have until after the estate launch weekend, so Monday 24th, however I've delayed until Wed 26th as I have a (rare) 300 mile round trip to make on Tuesday, so that will be made in the car I'm trading in!

Going to go tomorrow and take a look, they've also had a demonstrator delivered (hidden away) and a showroom model - in there under a sheet.

Bet the next few days will drag!

• Like 1

Shame you have to wait, I'd be ripping my hair out.

I'm confused, my car was built in week 23, do they ship the cars out on different days during the build weeks or do they ship each build week car off at the same time?

So my question is, do all the week 23 cars get shipped in week 24?

I don't know, but guess they move them away from the factory by the transporter / train load, as soon as.

I was told week 23, then to be fair the dealer pnoned me on the Monday and told me it had been built that day and would start its transport to port. Also Grimsby to Hudds wouldn't take long.

I don't know, but guess they move them away from the factory by the transporter / train load, as soon as.

I was told week 23, then to be fair the dealer pnoned me on the Monday and told me it had been built that day and would start its transport to port. Also Grimsby to Hudds wouldn't take long.

Was this Monday just gone or Monday the 3rd?

I am waiting for the Hatch, I phoned Skoda UK Wednesday to be told it's on the train to Emden but I don't know if their delivery system is slow so it may have been waiting at the port, I don't know.

Enter the VIN number or what?

Not sure what you mean - I have order number / SLI and I have the VIN. Just wondered whether there was a Skoda web page that you could key a number into and see what stage the car was at.

Not sure what you mean - I have order number / SLI and I have the VIN. Just wondered whether there was a Skoda web page that you could key a number into and see what stage the car was at.

My dealer told me (in Sweden) that tracking the cars developement only can be done by Skodas internal dataserver.

Was asking what the tracking method is? Based on the VIN number?

Here it is - unprepared at the dealer.

Considering I've had to go for quite a low spec compared to most of you on here I'm quite pleased with the result.

The paint colour looks good and the alloys are just about big enough. (I'm trying to convince myself)

In the background you can just see the dealer's demonstrator - my wife likes grey, but agreed that this looked quite dowdy compared to the blue. It also had standard wheels - which looked far too small - and didn't have the sunset glass. It did though have silver roof bars. Have to say I made a better job of the spec than the dealer.

In the showroom - shrouded in a cloth was another. Quite why it was covered I'm not sure as the other 2 were outside! Had a sneaky peek and it looked like it was a black elegance with silver roof rails, I considered black when ordering, but SWMBO thought with the size of it, that it may look a bit like a hearse.

post-101456-0-47118100-1371303917_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

Picture in a Skoda ad showed an Oct estate with a panoramic roof, is this just the sunroof option?

I saw a hatch with a sunroof at Hortons the other day and it seems to be full width of the roof and about the first 50% length from front to back so looks a bit like a panoramic, it was open and slid back and it popped out externally over the fixed part of the roof, looked quite a bit of kit!

Took delivery today - Estate, Candy White, 1.6 TDI DSG, Elegance.

Didn't test drive or even see Elegance spec model - ordering blind, car's better than thought, especially interior, had concerns about going for 1.6 over 2 litre but very smooth and enough power.

Pics to follow!

Edited by Igdos

Hmm, I wonder what the story is with the chrome window surrounds? Seems odd that all the marketing at launch showed vehicles with, especially estates, and now it is not available.

You are right, black/black is a better combination than black/chrome. Hope the uncertainty and lack of surrounds hasn't spoiled things for you.

Regards

Took delivery today - Estate, Candy White, 1.6 TDI DSG, Elegance.

Didn't test drive or even see Elegance spec model - ordering blind, car's better than thought, especially interior, had concerns about going for 1.6 over 2 litre but very smooth and enough power.

Pics to follow!

I am so glad about this.

I ordered without even a test drive as I thought the car could only improve over mlII

Current car is 2.0 dsg so was a tad concerned over smaller engine, but I am not an acceleration freak and there is always sport mode.

That estate looks stunning...... My car is going to be the first for some time a hatchback as the mkIII hatch is bigger then my mkII estate.

A