I've found a car to rival the Yeti !

BossFox

What about the VW Passat Alltrack?

I replaced my rather trouble-prone Yeti with one of these with 170 engine and DSG last summer and it fulfils the same functions with a lot more space.

My neighbour has the same car... ;)

Actually I never considered it, I'd only change the Yeti to get the three litre diesel as I don't see the point otherwise.

But I just can't see me letting the Yeti go, just like it too much.

I'm curious to get my hands on a Freelander 3 (which won't be long) and see what that's like :)

Problem is I am wary of new model Land Rovers.

They do have a history of issues so I'd never buy one until the model has been out a few years... preferably second hand.

I've kind of done the Land Rover thing though.

The Octavia MkIII 4x4 doesn't get a raised ride height either, unlike the current MkII 4x4, a shame really.

It certainly LOOKS as if it has been raised though:

See first post here: http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/274423-if-we-cant-get-18-dsg-yeti-maybe-a-new-4x4-octavia-18-dsg-will-do/

I'm fairly seriously considering the Mercedes GLA45 in 3-4 years. Judging by the reviews of the A45 it should be ridiculously quick but a more useful shape than the A-class.

That said I wouldn't be surprised if I end up getting my third Yeti - if only they'd put the engine and gearbox from the S3 into it, but keep everything else as it is now. :D

• Like 1

I'm fairly seriously considering the Mercedes GLA45 in 3-4 years. Judging by the reviews of the A45 it should be ridiculously quick but a more useful shape than the A-class.

That said I wouldn't be surprised if I end up getting my third Yeti - if only they'd put the engine and gearbox from the S3 into it, but keep everything else as it is now. :D

Let's see what the FL brings in terms of engine/gearbox combination or more likley with SUK 6 to 12 months after the FL launch?

With the current 1.8 being withdrawn who knows what might happen.

Let's see what the FL brings in terms of engine/gearbox combination or more likley with SUK 6 to 12 months after the FL launch?

With the current 1.8 being withdrawn who knows what might happen.

Who knows but im betting it wont be the S3 engine and gearbox! :love: Iirc the SUperb got the option of the 2 litre TSi after being out for quite a while. :)

No agreed but it might be a newer 1.8 and dsg which would put a smile on a number of faces on this forum whatever the FL looks like. :giggle:

... I'd only change the Yeti to get the three litre diesel as I don't see the point otherwise...

I see the new Golf estate details have been released. Looks boring, but might have a nice engine choice (DSG and 4x4?).