I've found a car to rival the Yeti !

BossFox

I checked drive the deal, on Monday they had the 3.0 S-tronic on there, but it had vanished yesterday. Over £10k off !!!

They've had about six different A5 sportback and A6 saloons and Avants on there with between 24.5 - 26% off for the last three weeks (not that I check almost daily!) ;) so keep an eye out. I like the A4 but in terms of vfm I always end back up at the new Octy 3 estate. :)

They've had about six different A5 sportback and A6 saloons and Avants on there with between 24.5 - 26% off for the last three weeks (not that I check almost daily!) ;) so keep an eye out. I like the A4 but in terms of vfm I always end back up at the new Octy 3 estate. :)

I know I should keep the Yeti, it's great.

But I just have a wandering eye... (automotively speaking only, thankfully)

I have to admit if I could get the 3.0 deisel (250bhp) A4 allroad with the sports diff I could be tempted.

It's either that or do something to the Yeti... but unlike you I bought the diesel so modding is a bit limited.

And it's too late to buy a 1.8tsi in the spec I want now as Skoda are no longer taking orders!

Keep the Yeti, keep the Yeti... hold on to see the facelift! :D

I know I should keep the Yeti, it's great.

But I just have a wandering eye... (automotively speaking only, thankfully)

I have to admit if I could get the 3.0 deisel (250bhp) A4 allroad with the sports diff I could be tempted.

It's either that or do something to the Yeti... but unlike you I bought the diesel so modding is a bit limited.

And it's too late to buy a 1.8tsi in the spec I want now as Skoda are no longer taking orders!

Keep the Yeti, keep the Yeti... hold on to see the facelift! :D

Im just greedy as Id want the bi turbo 3 litre diesel with a Shark remap in the A4/A6!! Lovely looking car BUT im not convinced of their reliability nor the quality of the dealer backup from a few friends that have had them or still do have them. Maybe a 1.8tsi fl Yeti might float your boat when it emerges. People on here say dealers don't like the 1.8tsi or don't offer decent trade ins on it but that hasn't been my experience. If one came up at the right price with the Sunroof id seriously consider picking it up (if I didn't already own one!) :)

Im just greedy as Id want the bi turbo 3 litre diesel with a Shark remap in the A4/A6!! Lovely looking car BUT im not convinced of their reliability nor the quality of the dealer backup from a few friends that have had them or still do have them. Maybe a 1.8tsi fl Yeti might float your boat when it emerges. People on here say dealers don't like the 1.8tsi or don't offer decent trade ins on it but that hasn't been my experience. If one came up at the right price with the Sunroof id seriously consider picking it up (if I didn't already own one!) :)

Just buy one any way Lee and it'll stop the other half from nicking yours :happy:

• Like 1

I have been mooching about and have found a car that'll do all the jobs the Yeti does, a jack of all trades with the same interior kit (once you add a few options to it) that also has a slightly bigger boot.

Audi A4 Allroad Estate Avant 2.0 diesel 6 speed manual = £30,390 (+ on the road costs)

Options to bring it up to the spec of my high spec Yeti Elegance = £8,540

Total = £39,750 So about £13,000 more than my Yeti based on list-to-list prices.

They do a 3.0 diesel with about 250bhp, wish we could have that! :(

Audi A4 Allroad - 4721 x 2006 x 1945

Skoda Yeti - 4223 x 1956 x 1691

Audi A3 Sportback - 4310 x 1966 x 1425

So the A4 Allroad is half a metre longer and a quarter of a metre taller! A bit different, and too big for my garage. The A3 sportback is much closer in terms of size, and in the Sport Quattro version with 1.8 TFSI engine comes close at around £30k with all of the bits I fancy. Mmmm... now there's a thought.

Maybe a 1.8tsi fl Yeti might float your boat when it emerges. People on here say dealers don't like the 1.8tsi or don't offer decent trade ins on it but that hasn't been my experience. If one came up at the right price with the Sunroof id seriously consider picking it up (if I didn't already own one!) emoticon-0100-smile.gif

Problem is, 2nd hand I'd want no sunroof (lighter, quicker :giggle: ) with the Columbus in red.

Oh well... I'll get over it.

Hopefully when the Citigo is done it'll keep me busy for a while.

Audi A4 Allroad - 4721 x 2006 x 1945

Skoda Yeti - 4223 x 1956 x 1691

Audi A3 Sportback - 4310 x 1966 x 1425

I think your measurements may be a bit out.

the A4 allroad is an estate car with a 37mm suspension lift.

It's not as tall as the Yeti and certainly not around a foot taller.

A4 allroad dimessions are:

Length: 4699 - Yeti 4223

Width: 1826 (with mirrors: 2040 ) - Yeti 1793

Height: 1436 - Yeti 1691

So it's about 3cm wider and 47cm longer.

Not a big fat thing like most modern cars like the Q5 etc... one of the reasons I sold a previous decent car.

• Like 1

I bought the Octavia Scout over an a4 Allroad due to boot space. The a4 cuts a sharper profile but the scout was more usable and had a real handbrake.

Is the boot space that much different?

The Octy 3 and the A4 Allroad have almost identical dimensions.

Octy 3 Scout doesn't seem to be around at the moment, but I believe the 4x4 version (based on the SE) can be ordered.

Octy 3 Scout doesn't seem to be around at the moment, but I believe the 4x4 version (based on the SE) can be ordered.

iirc theres something like 100 litres more in the Octy 3 estate than the A4? Certainly, a friend had a B7 A4 when I had the Octy VRS mk2 and it had a lot more space than the Audi

So the reality is .

The Yeti is unique in the fact that there is absolutely nothing around that you can reasonably compare it to, because it is either 2x the price, or no where near as practical.

Conclusion - Keep the Yeti.

P.S. IIRC yours is the 1.8TSi Elegance ? After just having had a 170TDi 4x4 as a loan car for the day ( mine went in for service), I could quite happily live with yours when you sell it ;)

• Like 1

No, mine is a mapped 170 Elegance with all the toys other than the sunroof.

It's now a 200 CR 4x4. :)

The 170 was quite nippy, so that boost will be a nice addition

It's not just the boot volume, it's more the shape. You cannot fit a 3 wheeled baby stroller folded into an A4, but it fits nicely into an Octavia.

The A4 boot is narrower and lower. It just didn't work for me at all.

A4 Allroad is officially 490/1430 litres (seats up, seats down).

Octavia scout is officially 605/1655 litres.

I really like Audis technically / dispassionately, but discounted them because of their image / who drives them. They seem to have become the car of choice for idiots who love driving on others bumpers etc. This is speaking as someone who's last car was a BMW. Driving an audi has the same general effect as getting a tattoo sating W***er on your forehead, in a comic font.

That said, while I think all the Qs are pretty compromised, scarifying bling for practicality, I do think the A6, A7 and A8 are lovely cars.

The Octavia MkIII 4x4 doesn't get a raised ride height either, unlike the current MkII 4x4, a shame really.

What about the VW Passat Alltrack?

I replaced my rather trouble-prone Yeti with one of these with 170 engine and DSG last summer and it fulfils the same functions with a lot more space.