I've found a car to rival the Yeti !

BossFox

I have been mooching about and have found a car that'll do all the jobs the Yeti does, a jack of all trades with the same interior kit (once you add a few options to it) that also has a slightly bigger boot.

Audi A4 Allroad Estate Avant 2.0 diesel 6 speed manual = £30,390 (+ on the road costs)

Options to bring it up to the spec of my high spec Yeti Elegance = £8,540

Total = £39,750 So about £13,000 more than my Yeti based on list-to-list prices.

They do a 3.0 diesel with about 250bhp, wish we could have that! :(

One of my directors at work -has a couple of kids now so decided he needed a family car -he bought Jay Kay's old RS6 estate-it's purple!

I gather the newer model has a Lamborghini V10 in it.

One of my directors at work -has a couple of kids now so decided he needed a family car -he bought Jay Kay's old RS6 estate-it's purple!

I gather the newer model has a Lamborghini V10 in it.

I did also spec up an A6 allroad with the 300bhp diesel, but with options I'd like I got to over £70k. :rofl:

Maybe not !

• Like 1

Boss fox - I hope that I am alone in being seriously disappointed in your thread... ... ... ...

The ONLY competitor, surely, is the Dacia Duster. Brilliant value, decent looks, great all round, eh?

• Like 1

I did also spec up an A6 allroad with the 300bhp diesel, but with options I'd like I got to over £70k. :rofl:

Maybe not !

Second or maybe 3rd hand he 'only' paid 18.5 grand for it -V8 4.2 twin turbo -I gather it's been remapped/modified but he won't give too much away

Maybe not !

well theres your next project after the citigo go :p

buy a base level A6, get a second hand lambo engine and away you go-go again, can preston motors order a A6 or will you need another franchise jacket :devil: :devil: :giggle: :giggle: :rofl: :rofl:

well theres your next project after the citigo go :p

buy a base level A6, get a second hand lambo engine and away you go-go again, can preston motors order a A6 or will you need another franchise jacket :devil: :devil: :giggle: :giggle: :rofl: :rofl:

Oddly enough I was looking for 1.8tsi Yetis today.

They seem to have become quite rare, one on ebay only!

2.5tfsi, minor tweak to 420bhp... jobs a good 'un. :D

• Like 1

Boss fox - I hope that I am alone in being seriously disappointed in your thread... ... ... ...

The ONLY competitor, surely, is the Dacia Duster. Brilliant value, decent looks, great all round, eh?

Built from old Renault bits IIRC. Wonder what the reliability will be like at 5 years old...if any make it that far! No ta very much

• Like 1

Why would anyone want to remap/modify a V8 4.2 twin turbo?????????

It's only natural.

You get used to the power and it no longer excites you.

Full throttle in a straight line in my GT-R no longer excites me.

But I'm doing track days rather than tweaking it more.

Of course, you do get pub bhp boasters too.

My one is bigger than yours etc...

I just picked up my a4 allroad on Saturday, it's a fantastic car, very smooth and refined, the wife is not to sure about the electronic handbrake and the push in key to start it , but we still love the yeti....

I just picked up my a4 allroad on Saturday, it's a fantastic car, very smooth and refined, the wife is not to sure about the electronic handbrake and the push in key to start it , but we still love the yeti....

What engine and adds ons did you go for?

My first house (2 up 2 down} cost £450.00 in 1970 no bathroom and an outside toilet.

Todays price £750.00

Same year my first house was £999.00 again 2 up 2 down and "kitchen" lean to, outside toilet no hot water or bathroom, after installing hot water indoor toilet and bath in the "kitchen" lean to, I sold on 3 years later for £4k which started me on the housing ladder. The actual house still stands and similar ones are selling for £80k

Built from old Renault bits IIRC. Wonder what the reliability will be like at 5 years old...if any make it that far! No ta very much

There is such bitter irony when folk on here slag off other car brands...

From 15yrs ago on a Vauxhall/Ford forum:

Octavia! Built from old Renault VW bits IIRC. Wonder what the reliability will be like at 5 years old...if any make it that far! No ta very much

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Back in niineteen ninety whenever there were 2 bidders for Skoda. VW and Renault. VW won because they were planning to develop new models, Renault were just going to supply kits for them to build. Looks like Romania (?) got that deal.

My first house (2 up 2 down} cost £450.00 in 1970 no bathroom and an outside toilet.

Todays price £750.00

Was this it? Outside phone too!!

http://www.nickelarse.com/Photos/2010_06-07%20Shetland%20And%20Orkney/100629-30%20Foula%20And%20Mousa/1152x768/333%20Derelict%20House%20And%20Phone%20Box,%20Foula.JPG

I have been mooching about and have found a car that'll do all the jobs the Yeti does, a jack of all trades with the same interior kit (once you add a few options to it) that also has a slightly bigger boot.

Audi A4 Allroad Estate Avant 2.0 diesel 6 speed manual = £30,390 (+ on the road costs)

Options to bring it up to the spec of my high spec Yeti Elegance = £8,540

Total = £39,750 So about £13,000 more than my Yeti based on list-to-list prices.

They do a 3.0 diesel with about 250bhp, wish we could have that! :(

Back on topic... Richard, is your point that its the next cheapest car thats most comparable to the Yeti? Surely theres better estates out there (for less than 40k) if thats what you wanted. Personally I wouldnt say the A4 was the most comparable - id be comparing the Q3 if it had to be an Audi. :)

Back on topic... Richard, is your point that its the next cheapest car thats most comparable to the Yeti? Surely theres better estates out there (for less than 40k) if thats what you wanted. Personally I wouldnt say the A4 was the most comparable - id be comparing the Q3 if it had to be an Audi. :)

It's something I would consider changing to.

The Q3 is effectively the same as the Yeti I believe, other than it has a sloping roof so less practical.

I couldn't use it for trips when you can get round the lack of Yeti boot space by packing vertically.

A decent spec Q3 is also around £8-10k more than my Yeti. Which I wouldn't consider as it's a bit less practical.

• Like 1

Q3 has a small boot, a4 allroad in white, manual tech pack, which includes front and rear parking sensors , nav, ami and hill hold control , up specked wheels/ steering wheel etc etc all for under £30 k ...... Bargain. That was through dtd...

Q3 has a small boot, a4 allroad in white, manual tech pack, which includes front and rear parking sensors , nav, ami and hill hold control , up specked wheels/ steering wheel etc etc all for under £30 k ...... Bargain. That was through dtd...

No electric seats and memory functions, dipping electric mirrors, heated seats, tyre pressue monitoring etc...

This is where I came unstuck.

I was looking at speccing to the same as my Yeti. Audi seem to have a lower spec but adding options is expensive.

I couldn't spend more on a car with the same running gear but less toys.

I'd get bored with it very quickly even though they do look nice and thankfully different enough from the mundane A4 to be interesting.

I checked drive the deal, on Monday they had the 3.0 S-tronic on there, but it had vanished yesterday. Over £10k off !!!