Target price VRS estate

Hi,

Having test driven, read many reviews I am decided on an estate version of the VRS (race blue metallic, not quite brave enough for the green)

Can anybody advise on what a good Target Price from the dealer would be ? (and any tips)

Any help very gratefully received.

Cheers

Jamie

Standard way is to visit "drive the deal" and price up your car there with the extras you want,this is more than likely to be the cheapest price you will find.

You can then ask your local dealer to match it,a few will,the majority won't, pointing out the advantages of using someone local rather than a faceless broker.

In reality the VAT free price is so good anyway that wherever you go it's not going to be much less.

• Like 1

As above drive the deal. If local dealer won't match just walk away. They will say they're making a loss on it which they probably will but the sale itself is worth more to them than a small loss on paper.

Not tried the drivethedeal approach, but I know for sure there's £250 off to be had.

I think I managed to negotiate £500 off the VRS but that was a couple of years ago (still on the 20% off offer though).

Not tried the drivethedeal approach, but I know for sure there's £250 off to be had.

I think I managed to negotiate £500 off the VRS but that was a couple of years ago (still on the 20% off offer though).

and the rest. I got 4k off the 'best' price of my dealer when I went through drive the deal

and the rest. I got 4k off the 'best' price of my dealer when I went through drive the deal

4k off a price already carrying a 20% discount? And presume this relates to your octavia which is a more expensive car overall (and so has more margin to burn).

Edited by louisv6

4k off a price already carrying a 20% discount? And presume this relates to your octavia which is a more expensive car overall (and so has more margin to burn).

yes that's correct as I had quite a few options on it. I will have to work out the fabia we've just had as I can't remember but I think it was about 2k

yes that's correct as I had quite a few options on it. I will have to work out the fabia we've just had as I can't remember but I think it was about 2k

Blimey. That equates to one hell of a discount overall. Well done you.

I'll be doing the drivethedeal thing next time around then. Didn't have much of a choice this time but that's a story for another day...

In standard red estate, Crome alloys and parking sensors I got it down to £14,200 on the finance and paid another £500 worth of extras out of my pocket.. I totally forgot about drive the deal when going in to order, but found out shortly after that my dealer was actually cheaper!

You got 20% off as well as £4,000 additionally?! :wonder: What dealer was that through out of interest?!

You got 20% off as well as £4,000 additionally?! :wonder: What dealer was that through out of interest?!

This was on the octavia. It was 17.5 back then and I bought it through drive the deal.