221 miles, 42.1 mpg, Spot of mountain biking in Wales.

Me and some friends went to Afan Valley today for some intense cycling up and down the trails, was immense to be honest!

My 2008 Ocavia VRS wagon (petrol) did well of the fuel, 221 miles and 42.1 mpg, not bad atall, considering its done 100k. (i did have to proper nurse it there and back to get that mpg, 70/80mph tops)

Heres a few pics.

MPG

A5D7C83D-F334-4412-9105-25FF89743274-989-0000012F9A966BE3_zpsbafd51f9.jpg

The wagon

DSCF3406_zpsa84c46ff.jpg

My Cannondale Trail MTB.

65031291-1906-4FF4-A090-042C9A6D65AC-989-0000012FAAA05AA1_zps477ed0d6.jpg

Edited by AliBailey88
  • Like 3

70/80 tops isnt nursing it lol Good mpg though

How was afan? I've heard its very good.

Im not far from you, if you see a pre-fl hatch in race blue with private plates around its probably me

We went to scotland last week with the bikes even with 2 bikes on the back and blasting along some great roads managed 48mpg over about 300 miles. Did dalbeattie, kirroughtree and Glentress.

Off to windermere tomorrow to do a couple of days of proper off road, none of those poncey trails.

My 5 month old blackline dsg estate managed 53.5mpg on a 110 mile journey sticking within national speed limits, only had done 4.5k at the time too. 42 great for a TFSi though, a Golf GTi I had for a while struggled to break 30mpg most of the time.

70/80 tops isnt nursing it lol Good mpg though

How was afan? I've heard its very good.

Im not far from you, if you see a pre-fl hatch in race blue with private plates around its probably me

Will keep my eye of for ya. Yea Afan is a really good day out if your into some proper mountain biking. Going again next month, going to camp there, take a bbq and beers etc.

• 4 weeks later...