Misfire issues just won't go away.......

don't forget to try the NGK BKR7E plugs - you can get them for £8 on ebay and they will rule out the super 4's straight away

That's cool, but you also mentioned the denso iridium plugs, the IK22, is there any benefit of them over the NGK's?

They cost 6 times as much but they do last longer, don't think you can change the gap in them though I may be wrong?

You can change gap but think they are pre gapped as very small and delicate electrode and easy to damage.

Sent from my Samsung S3

You can change gap but think they are pre gapped as very small and delicate electrode and easy to damage.

Sent from my Samsung S3

Well guys, I've just got back from my break, fitted my new plugs BK7RE IX iridium, the car is so much smoother! Not 100% sure if the misfire has gone away yet but it wasn't there on the short drive I took it on, I will say though that the Super 4's I took out look like they had been recovered from a fire! I recently replaced a lambda sensor as it was over fuelling massively and maybe they were killed in the process! Who knows, I'll update after having a good drive tomorrow. Thanks for the advice!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Well guys, I've just got back from my break, fitted my new plugs BK7RE IX iridium, the car is so much smoother! Not 100% sure if the misfire has gone away yet but it wasn't there on the short drive I took it on, I will say though that the Super 4's I took out look like they had been recovered from a fire! I recently replaced a lambda sensor as it was over fuelling massively and maybe they were killed in the process! Who knows, I'll update after having a good drive tomorrow. Thanks for the advice!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Good news buddy....

Also petrol can also make a huge difference I filled up with BP ultimate the other day and what a load of rubbish, can't wait till i get rid and go back to tried and tested tesco super unleaded. 

Good news buddy....

Also petrol can also make a huge difference I filled up with BP ultimate the other day and what a load of rubbish, can't wait till i get rid and go back to tried and tested tesco super unleaded.

Yep, that's my favourite juice too. My car seems to be a never ending circle of doom though, I solve the misfire, take it for a quick blast and shear a 'Mikalor' jubilee clip clean I half..... I heard the pop and knew it was just a pipe blowing off, but I can honestly say that's the last thing I expected to be broken, now replaced with a cheap and cheerful Halfrauds clip as luckily it happened just round the corner from one!

I felt like Ray Mears performing a roadside repair!

Just to update you, mk6 2.0T coil packs can die too :D had one go on the way back to Bridgend from north Wales and guess who didn't have a spare coil in the boot? 6.5 hours door to door, but at least the sun was out.

Was a second and set and I have put 15k on them. Can't believe I have three or four full sets and didn't have one in the boot so had to stop and wait for breakdown to get one. I 'must have taken the spares bag out to clean car and forgot to put it back in..

d

does the vrs have a waste spark unit like the mk4 golf?

if so look into that. my friends 280bhp golf had a misfire under load and it turned out to be that unit

1) No. 

2) Wasted spark doesn't work like you seem to think. It uses double enfed coils and sparks both cylinders that are approaching TDC, one at end of compression stroke causing ignition, and one at the end of the exhaust stroke, which is a wasted spark, hence the name.

Edited by KenONeill