Folding Door mirrors?

bilun777

I've just walked down the side of my sons Citigo Elegance in an enclosed space,and tried to fold in the door mirror.

They don't fold...

I only tried gentle force,is that correct?

They do fold backwards. It just takes a little effort.

When you say they fold backwards - do you mean you push them back (towards the bonnet) rather than inwards (towards the door)? I ask because I have also not worrked out how to fold them and given that I have to park on the street for work, it would be good to know.

Thank you! I did think it sounded odd that they would fold backwards! I have tried folding them inwards but obviously haven't been brave enough to apply the required degree of force. I will give it another go.

I meant the outer edge is pushed towards the back of the car and thus towards the door

• 6 months later...

Hi

New to this forum, to my Citigo (picked up on Tuesday) and to driving! Being thick here - you mention the mirrors can be folded, does that apply to all Citigos (the Q was related to an Elegance)? I have a 2012 SE.

thanks!

I have an Elegance and fold both my mirrors in every night when I park in the garage as it's a bit of a squeeze in there!  They do however, require a persuasive shove!