Alex's 1.4 mpi Fabia

Alex529

Hi, been a member for a couple months and have decided to start a project thread. Its a 1.4 mpi silverline fabia, got it for £1800 years MOT, 6months tax and full service, new brake pads, timing belt, new head gasket, new tyres as had been sitting for nearly a year.

I haven't done much to the car yet but have lots of plans but so far I have;

Custom badges done by pasty boy

Plastidipped front grill

Heko wind deflectors

New headunit

Subwoofer

Mini ariel

Got the GT front bumper but waiting to get it back from being sprayed so can fit it.

I plan to do/add

AP coilovers

BBS reps alloys

VRS rear bumper

Front splitter

Roof bars

Lamin X headlights

Colour code door handles

Colour code wing mirror covers

Anyway here are some pictures of the car so far :)

IMG_1699.jpg

IMG_1697.jpg

IMG_1701.jpg

IMG_1700.jpg

Edited by Alex529

Looks tidy! If it's the 16 valve engine its a belt, if its 8V its a timing chain :)

If you don't know which one it is, the 8V has an air filter in a box behind the battery, the 16V has the air filter built in to the engine cover :)

• 3 weeks later...

Really nice car mate, good mods so far.

Love the bumper, you got any pics with a slight side on view of the front?

Really want to plastidip my chrome grille... looks good 

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers for the comments, just a small update. Got a K&n apollo induction kit from "Stu Vrs" makes a nice sound and for any increase in power I'm not sure but may be a little increase.

Ill try and get some pics of the new bumper with a side on view when it stops raining :)

001.jpg

• 1 month later...

Thanks :) And yeah I got mine on ebay too for around £30 but can't find one on there at the moment.

Luckily I know someone who done the spraying for me and only charged be for the paint but I think it would be around £150 if you were to get it done.

To fit it is easy all you have to do is remove the original bumper strips and it just clips in over the top of your old one :)

Got the front splitter on, de wipered, badge on the steering wheel to match the external ones and new 3d resin gel number plates. Also wrapped the vents in carbon wrap instead of the gloss black paint. :)

New wheels and spacers to come next!

IMG_2018.jpg

IMG_2017.jpg

IMG_2019.jpg

Edited by Alex529