Question for other black Monte Carlo owners...

I got my car cleaned today, and my friend pointed out that the 2 pillars up the side of my windscreen are a plain black, whereas the rest contains the metallic flake. Is this normal or has someone mucked up my paint job?

Correct, i've been told they are just painted plastic and are replaced if the windscreen is replaced at some point so don't need to be black magic :)

They are trim panels rather than part of the body structure, the following is our previous Yeti with them removed for a screen replacement. Oh ignore the tape, that was one of the dealers efforts to stop the car rattling as much as it did.

4649217529_631d041299_b.jpg

TP

they are just plain black on ogy as well. dave/sharky-do you ever put polish on the black bits or just wash normal? need to get her looking extra shiny for gaydon!

I got my black bits polished and waxed... ooerrrr!!
  • Like 1

The rest of the Black Plastic on a Monte Carlo is not colour coded just black moulded plastic and needs the same polishing as the Pillar covers if you want to do it..

Maybe the other plastic round the arches is less prone to scratching as the pillar covers,

but they are not expensive if anyone buys a used car and they have scratches that annoy you.

george

Every Monte Carlo has Black Magic Pearl roof and matching skirts, splitters and arches whether it's black, white, red or any other colour they come in.

All the exterior trim apart from the aforementioned A pillar covers are Black Magic Pearl.

• Like 1

Phew.

I was starting to think I was turning into Captain Jack Sparrow, all this talk of Black Pearl.

George, just get a Monte, you know you want to, it'll curb your curiosity!!

I only drive autos.

& not into extra trim and bits and pieces that are only for looks and extra expense if damaged.

I have 2 vRS, both have Gloss Black mirror covers, but not Black Magic Pearl Mirror covers,

replacement covers on one car.

george