Mk3 Octavia gloss black between door windows

DJD66

Hi, has anyone had any dealings with these? Each time I wash car, they get thin scratches in them, very annoying as I bought all new stuff for the new car!!

I use a Dooka woolie washpad, warm water with 2 caps of Megs gold class shampoo, & dry with a Halfords waffle weave drying towl.

I got the micro scratches from the first wash.

Other MK3 Octavia owners have reported the same, & the showroom model which hasn't been on the road has bad scratches where it's been dusted in the showroom.

I find Auto glym Car Glass Polish leaves it in an acceptable condition after washing, but look closely & the micro scatches are still there!!

Any Advice on products, methods I could use please?

Thanks in advance DJD66

First of all thanks for buying a dooka Woolie Wash Pad and I hope your happy with it?

Secondly these trims are not hard coat lacquered so will scratch very easily, some manufacturers are better than others but you will always struggle not to inflict marks I am afraid :(

I assume your using the 2BM?

• 2 weeks later...