Air Filter Condition

After a disappointing result at the rolling road meet yesterday I have tried to have a look at what may have cost me circa 20bhp

I know it was hot but temps were not affecting other vehicles 

Today I popped the filter out to have a look and it looked like this.

20130714_121421_zps7351ae70.jpg

(car has been washed now  :giggle: )

It was last serviced 2000 miles ago when I bought it, the service light was on when I test drove it but the sales lady said it has been done ill get someone to turn the light out.

Does this look / sound legit or have they just turned light out and left it, it also threw the oil light up last week but im led to believe 1 litre over 2k is good going  :giggle:  :giggle:

I would say the air filter is ok, and 1 litre in 2k is good!

I say the air filter is ok as iirc the air filter is only changed every third service? I might get corrected on that.

As a matter of course and for what they cost I would have it changed but I don't think it would have cost you 20 bhp! 

What were your figures and what gearbox mode was used for the RR session?

One of the easiest ways to see why a car is down on power is to log the car with VCDS, but not sure this will be of use with the TMC as the logs will not be true as the TMC alters the settings so you wouldnt know what settings the car was actually running.

Fancy posting up the graph, would be good to see the AFR plot as well.

The dyno guy thought it was a diesel?! WTF? I bet he was amazed at the amount of revs lol. If he can't tell the difference between derv and petrol I'd question his ability to operate the kit full stop.