MKII VRS prices after launch?

So do you think they will go down now new one is out or as its not available till Sept as estate and Jan as hatch they will go up?

I seem to remember the same thing with the MKI Fabia VRS. They actually went up in price.

TBH if vRS values were going to strengthen, they'd have done it already (back in December or so). To an extent it's possible that they've stayed firm on the back of the gap between opportunity to buy the old and new models.

But to answer your question, no they won't go up. Sorry.

Edited by mr_awol

I would expect Mk2 prices to hold firm until Mk3 cars start coming onto the used market - an 18-month old Mk3 is going to be a whole lot more desirable than a 2-year old Mk2 and the prices will downturn accordingly. 

I reasoned that I could keep waiting for the planets to align. Began my search and indecision last September and yesterday just went for it. Too much worrying about prices here and there. Just went with the heart in the end.

I think the prices of later FL CR engined cars will remain quite strong. There will remain a big market for 2nd hand FL MK2's as the masses wont want to stretch to the prices of a new/nearly new MK3 when they can get 90% or the experience for thousands less. Its alot more affordable after all to finance a 14-15k car than it is a 22-23k one.

I think we'll see a change in a few years time when MK3s saturate the used market as their prices will then drop and so will the MK2's.

Edited by pipsyp
  • Like 1

Spoke to a mate at Parkers as we are looking for a second hand FL and they said that second hand MkII prices are not going to be dramatically effected. This is mostly due to the amount of time that the FL has been out and availability.

Possibly not a great time to buy a new MKII but in reality if you are keeping the car for a good number of years the biggest difference will be on what you do with it rather than the resale. No fire sales on the FL models are expected.

I am going to see what the dealer offers me against a new m111 vrs and if its not enough I  Think I will advertise it in the trader..........

dont think Ime asking too much for mint 2 year 6 month vrs 17,000 diesel dsg,,,,sunset glass overhead dvd player and factory Xenons and in white.....12 grand.....no scuffs on wheels no door dents....mind you it will be the same thing......

OH....there are lots for sale its only worth 10.....dont think so

I

Edited by greatdane