Horrendous whooshing noise when cold. Video Inside...

Basically the noise happens when its cold. Can do it for up to a minuet after driving it. Think its getting worse. Just would like some advice as to what it could be

Thankyou guys

Jake

That's 100% turbo noise. You can hear it building up when revving.

100% thats abit to sure :s

Possible alternator giving up. Remove the aux belt and give it a rev if you pretty confident with some spanners. Quivkest way to rule that side of things out.

turbo's don't spool up when In neutral.

Lol! Yes they do! It doesn't make much BOOST because of the vanes in a vnt turbo but the blades are always turning man and do spin quicker when revved.

• Like 1

Lol! Yes they do! It doesn't make much BOOST because of the vanes in a vnt turbo but the blades are always turning man and do spin quicker when revved.

ahh my bad ha, I was under the impression they didn't my apologies haha, but still I know for a fact they don't spin enough to make that much of a noise lol

They certainly do if the bearing collapsed lol at idle they're spinning at serious rpm they just don't make boost.

But the fact this goes away after a minute don't really sound turbo related unless its some kind of oil supply issue?

How many of you guys that have developed this siren sound have their EGR deleted?.  I am starting to belive that maybe deleting the egr can cause the turbo to fail quicker.

• Like 1

How many of you guys that have developed this siren sound have their EGR deleted?.  I am starting to belive that maybe deleting the egr can cause the turbo to fail quicker.

What's the logic behind this?

• Like 1

How many of you guys that have developed this siren sound have their EGR deleted?. I am starting to belive that maybe deleting the egr can cause the turbo to fail quicker.

How would stoping the recirculating exhaust gases cause the turbo to go quicker?

Intake temp change, mixture change, maf readings.  The turbo produces a whistle after a EGR delete confirmed by Jabba as it is getting more fresh air.  Is this good for it?. 

Edited by RAPTURE