Refinement at speed

My 170cr Superb is on order, but I just wanted to check peoples experience of the car at speed. I will be using mine in Europe regularly - including Germany as my wife is German and we visit family. What is the stability and refinement like at 90 - 100 mph? Does 2 adults 2 kids and a boot full of luggage impact the stability?

Mine's been fine on the odd occasion I've driven it at 90.  Last done with a roofbox and a bootful of luggage and it was absolutely fine, no drifting or wobbles or having to 'fight' the car, it never felt anything less than completely stable.  Mine is the 4x4 170 estate though.

I will second that, over 80 there is  quiet a bit of engine noise but push on to 100mph and the engine noise clears.no good in this country.

I have just changed my superb for a new ford kuga 2.0 diesel there is no engine noise at any speed and the power shift gear changes are soooo smooth better than the superb. I am sorry to say loved the rest off the car apart from the engine noise and vibration

the quietness of the engine in the kuga is what sold the car.

bill

l

Edited by bill2

I normally cruise around 140-160 KMH, with the occasional 180-200 on quiet roads, and it is not unrefined, but there can be tyre noise and vibrations depending on road surface. There is some wind noise, but I took it to a dealer and they are going to re-hang the back door which they say should fix it. So, if there is wind noise, it is a fault.

I find my 1.8 TSI very refined. I often find I'm on the motorway in 4th and have forgotten the change up because it is so quite. There are three seals around the door frames I notice, which are great at suppressing wind noise.

Hello, over the last 3 years I've been to Germany 5 times in a 170 manual & my present 170DSG(oh yes!!!!!!). Managed a prolonged indicated 135-140mph last year on the autobahn. Just makes me feel that my car is 'strangled" in the UK!

Get to Germany and enjoy!!!!!

I only picked mine up yesterday but the 160 mile drive home was a lovely quiet experience. Ride was good and road noise low apart from the really poof sections of tarmac. It was still quieter than my mk2 Tavia