Engine Cover

i would like to buy a engine cover fuse box cover air box top so i can get them painted and keep the old ones

when i sell the car got any ideas were to buy them from cheap cheap thanks pete

Yep just use a sharp knife to get under the badge and a flat head screw driver to work it off, its only held on with glue or silicon.

I've just done mine now after seeing your thread and thought ping (light bulb) coz I had a spare new style badge after ordering the wrong size for the rear of the car.

This is the result:

post-43517-0-81761200-1374182243_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

I just bought a rear badge, removed its back plate & stuck it over the black plastic badge.

Perfect fit. Been many many months now.

enginecover03.jpg

enginecover05.jpg

Why is your engine cover looking better than mine?? 

Edited by VRS_MAJ

Am I right in thinking that under the Skoda badge is the VW logo? Or have I read that wrong from somewhere?

Mike

There's nothing under the badge just a recess where the old black one sat. My badge was bigger than the recess so I applied some black silicon and unstuck the back of the badge and then gently applied pressure until I had the correct alignment on the cover, simples!!!

i like to keep my engine bay clean - almost 60,000kms now.........

enginecover01.jpg

Very nice, it just looks like too much hard work for me coz its all dusty and I'm too lazy too do it by hand, can I use a hose pipe and a soft brush or is that not a good idea with all the electrics? How do you get into all the nooks and crannies?

Very nice, it just looks like too much hard work for me coz its all dusty and I'm too lazy too do it by hand, can I use a hose pipe and a soft brush or is that not a good idea with all the electrics? How do you get into all the nooks and crannies?

All fingers mate, with a damp cloth.

I would not recommend using a hose.

I try and wash (outside, inside & engine bay) my car atleast once month, which helps reduce the build up of muck - making it easier.

A dirty yellow car is not a good look.