Happy Birthday Ladyloki

kenny

Cheers all! As I've said to Stuart, it's always an anticlimax when your birthday's on a 'school day'. I had a lovely day all the time I wasn't at work, and got some fab presents (more dvd's than I can ever hope to watch, books, an oak sapling for the garden, and a 5kg- yes, 5kg- bar of Dairy Milk the boy got specially from Cadbury's. See www.livejournal.com/users/ladymissloki to be amazed by this feat of confectionery engineering...!

Huge thanks to Kenny and Gayle for the lovely gifts too; the Little Book of Stupid Men will go down particularly well in my office right now.

I got an oak tree from my sister... it's about 2 feet tall but will one day be 70 feet or so.

Where the fack do I plant the thing??

All suggestions gratefully received...

I got an oak tree from my sister... it's about 2 feet tall but will one day be 70 feet or so.

Where the fack do I plant the thing??

All suggestions gratefully received...

If you've got nowhere yourself, seek local authority permission to plant it somewhere in a park, then do so, make sure its got a rabbit guard, and it should prosper. :thumbup:

I've got a horse chestnut tree I grew from a conker growing in a hedgerow down near me. Not been to see it for a while, but reckon it must be getting on for 20 foot tall now.

Hi re oak trees...

I used to dig the sproutlets out of my garden at a rate of knots, so I guess they (oak trees) are not that difficult to propagate and I'd be a bit surprised if they were a protected species.

Can't you nip down to garden centre and buy a nice ornamental tree and swear blind you've done an exchange? Or accidentally ran over it when reversing?

Garden-wise for an oak tree? Just how many acres do you have? You did say oak tree didn't you - it's been a long day...

Mo

off topic but ladyloki where abts are you cause if you know kenny and gayle you must be local then :P

Sadly, not local to Kenny; but met him through this site and been fast friends ever since, depite the distance. Cracking bloke, and his lady's a treasure too.

Hi re oak trees...

I used to dig the sproutlets out of my garden at a rate of knots' date=' so I guess they (oak trees) are not that difficult to propagate and I'd be a bit surprised if they were a protected species.

Can't you nip down to garden centre and buy a nice ornamental tree and swear blind you've done an exchange? Or accidentally ran over it when reversing?

Garden-wise for an oak tree? Just how many acres do you have? You did say oak tree didn't you - it's been a long day...

Mo[/quote']

Acres? Acres you say?

*falls off chair laughing*

Hon, there's about room to swing a budgie in my back garden, let alone a cat.

Little sis really never thought this through, did she?

I'll keep it in it's pot for a while and see how fast it grows; if it gets silly over the next month or so, I'll make enquiries ref local parks etc. It's not going to get stupidly big in the next 10 years I guess, so it's not an immediate problem.

Sadly, not local to Kenny; but met him through this site and been fast friends ever since, depite the distance. Cracking bloke, and his lady's a treasure too.

your not too bad yourself ;)

bit of an understatement, your fab :) great having a close friend as nice as you :)

Moi?

*does inncoent face*

*collapses laughing*

Oh' date=' I almost kept it going for a minute or more, there![/quote']

its amazing how a friendship can end so quickly :eek:

thot you'd be glued to CSi at 9 :rolleyes:

Can recommend the Morrocan Broom, otherwise known as a Pineapple tree, as the flowers it produces are just like pineapples, big yellow and smell just like pineapple.

Ps, happy birthday..

Nah, seen them all seventeen times. I got the CSI Companion book for my birthday so I'm all Grissom'd out for now.

ah ok, was going to txt to remind you but we have our bet ! :D

hows the chocolate? any left for a former friend? ;)

ah ok' date=' was going to txt to remind you but we have our bet ! :D

hows the chocolate? any left for a former friend? ;)[/quote']

you cant have finished all already :eek: