Rear fog swap R-L?

In that case a phone call to them and then a trip down there seems to be the order of the day.

Was it this one ?

Autohaus Brinker GmbH

Haller Str. 79

33334 Gütersloh-Isselhorst

That's the correct one.

Cheers for the Info Guys i Spoke to the Guy Who do's the Lights Check/ BFG Inspections on Rochdale BKS this afternoon and he mentioned that the Skoda dealership in Isselhorst is the place to go as they have done a few now and know what there doing. I shall let you know what happened with my fog light tomorrow. Happy motoring !!!

Fog light Sorted Thanks Black sheep Took 5 minutes and best of all no charge. Now for the Lights test.

Matty, Good result. I've sent you a pm. Could you do me a favour and check out the maxidot display?

I am in Paderborn and due to pick up a new Superb and I am going to have the same problems Charlie8966 when are you going down there, would you mind asking them if they can do the same on a Superb as I am not due to pick up the car until Feb. My friend has got both working on his Octavia MkIII VRS but it meant butchering the wiring loom on a brand new car not good I want to avoid doing this.

Edited by rabmurray121

Just an update phoned the dealer in Schloss Neuhaus today and they are more than happy to sort out the fog lights to pass BFG. The only thing is that they don't know what each car will need until you arrive at the dealership with the car, the option given to me were, hot wire into the loom, fit a different cable, or via the VCDS laptop software and the prices diff depending on which option. The option given were for a new Superb however I believe that the Octavia and Superb suffer from the same problem.

• Like 1

Just an update phoned the dealer in Schloss Neuhaus today and they are more than happy to sort out the fog lights to pass BFG. The only thing is that they don't know what each car will need until you arrive at the dealership with the car, the option given to me were, hot wire into the loom, fit a different cable, or via the VCDS laptop software and the prices diff depending on which option. The option given were for a new Superb however I believe that the Octavia and Superb suffer from the same problem.

Sounds like a right bugger about. They told me that they had absolutely no idea when I went down there last week. If the guy in Bielefeld can do it via the VCDS system then I see no reason to start buggering about with wiring looms. Superb and Octavia can't really be that much different can they?? :wonder:

Sounds like a right bugger about. They told me that they had absolutely no idea when I went down there last week. If the guy in Bielefeld can do it via the VCDS system then I see no reason to start buggering about with wiring looms. Superb and Octavia can't really be that much different can they?? :wonder:

Very, very different. Completely different platforms now, if you hook VCDS up to a MQB platform car it is very different to the A5 or A6 platform.

Sent from my phone so please excuse brevity and spelling

I have Heard that on the latest superb you have to buy Continental rear light clusters and all sorts of Other gumpf might be worth Checking out !!!rabmurry 121

Thanks for the warning Matty70, I have been quoted an extra £298 by Griffin via the UK dealer to get my car to pass the BFG light test. To me then this car is not fit for purpose as it is being sold for export and it wont pass any light test within mainland Europe. This extra £298 should have been quote with the full price of the car, they give you a quote for the car, you pay the deposit, wait 6 months for the car, then you get hit for another £298 to pass the light test or you face the tax bill what a CON!. I have already been burned by the BFG system, as the car I have now failed light test on tourist mode and I had to buy xenon lights (£600), 2 months later the law changes and tourist mode will pass the light test

Edited by rabmurray121

Rabmurry121 you should ask Griffin to stump up the Money as you have been misled they will of known about the superb Fog light issues and as you quite rightly Say have been sold a car that is illegal for Continental Europe Lots of people are in the Same Boat as you Join the fight it's Not like These Sales people are doing a great deal of work for our custom just filling in paperwork fax it there email it here easiest Job going and they make a Fortune off us Bfg'ers.

• Like 1

Rabmurry121 you should ask Griffin to stump up the Money as you have been misled they will of known about the superb Fog light issues and as you quite rightly Say have been sold a car that is illegal for Continental Europe Lots of people are in the Same Boat as you Join the fight it's Not like These Sales people are doing a great deal of work for our custom just filling in paperwork fax it there email it here easiest Job going and they make a Fortune off us Bfg'ers.

I agree with Matty70's comment above. These guys are making enough money on car sales, we seem to be getting done over for stuff like this on a regular basis.

I paid 94 euros in schloss today, tax free. This included a clean inside and out - worth it for that alone. Mine needed the cable

No coincidence there mate. I also own an Elegance and paid around the 100 bucks mark. Looks like VRS owners and those with LED's at the back are managing to get the coding done rather than cable/hard wiring. 

Trade it in Andy get yourself a VRS mind you there's a Bit of a back log.:-(

Cheers Matty, maybe next time I'll get the VRS. Perhaps I should put my order in 6 months beforehand :) 

To be fair I quite like the standard kit that comes with the Elegance; Cruise, Amundsen, Variable boot floor...

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys - see the pinned thread about VCDS adaptations - this is a doddle to do with VCDS - either swap the fog lights over or enable both.

I have only tested on LED rear clusters but can't see why it can't be done on standard clusters (as long as the wiring and bulb is there, which it normally is with Skoda).

You don't need additional wires, tapping in to looms or paying dealers £££££ to get this done.

Following this post with interest as I can't swap the LED fog light on my new Superb. Five garages in three days and all say they don't have the ability yet to change this with the computer. I tried the recommended one in Issenhorst and no joy - though the main technician wasn't there - and even took the post here from AndyVee down to the main dealer but they couldn't do it. So I'm resorted to being booked in for a cable alteration Monday week at 100 euros. Am furious at having to do this and that Griffin sold me the car for export without knowing a fix. Fingers crossed the cable alteration works....

Thanks for all previous posts though.

Herforder, have a Word with Griffin about the Cost of this extra work and hassle Along with the extra Costs incurred. If your gonna be changing your car After 12 months bin them and go with Forces Cars Direct had several cars through them and they would move Heaven and hell for you,in the Process of Getting your new Motor.

On a side Note are you in Need of a Set of winter wheels? I have a Set Sat in my Garage that need a new home, Good as New too.

I would never go back to Forces Cars Direct I bought two cars from them clowns, I would rather not have a car than deal with them again. When did you pick up your car as I was informed a few weeks ago that the Superb required work on the rear fog to pass BFG. The dealer cost through Griffin would cost £295, I am due to pick up my car in 2 week however due to being posted in under 45 days I don't require the car to pass BFG lights test. 

I can't work out whether I have picked up completely the wrong end of the stick here or entered some alternative reality at the end of the universe.  The impression I get is that it you may get stung by a dealer for anywhere between €100 and €400 or more just to be able to take your 21st century Skoda Octavia to Europe???  Please say it aint so :(

For decades I have been able either to swap a lever in the headlamp housing of my car or stick some black insulating tape over the headlamps to drive on Continental European roads.  Can it really be that this now has to be achieved by a very expensive brain surgeon with the aid of a computer and since when have you had to fool about with your rear fog lamps?

MADNESS, UTTER MADNESS!