my new adventure

gingermonster

just thought I would share a pick of my new car which I am collecting on Friday all being well. What are peoples thoughts on the roof bars as not to keen on the silve was thinking of having them done in black to blend in with the roof colour how hard are they to remove

post-104724-0-14489300-1374432913_thumb.jpg

Edited by gingermonster
  • Like 1

Looks nice  :rock:

I've no idea if they are easy to remove or not, but if they are, why not offer to swap with someone who wants to go from black to silver ? (would save you the bother, expense and potential problems with re-colouring your own, and someone else would benefit from bars which are normally a cost option).

Picked up my new Adventure last week. Love it and strangely seem to be getting better MPG than I did in my old Yeti - I was anticipating a reduction whilst the engine loosened up but so far seems to be the opposite (same engine as well). Getting a lot more comments on the car than I did on my other one even though it is only the colour that's different - one comment was "I love the shape" from a mate who'd seen my other car weekly for about 3 years :wonder:

Spec was SE plus Bluetooth, Amundsen DAB and other bits and bobs. No brainer for me as got what I wanted without having to pay for the upgrades.

Edited by Cpsmithy
  • Like 1

Im not sure from the photo but looks like the side moldings are silver aswell so match well with the roof bars and the alloys are black and silver too....keep as is. :thumbup:

+1 !!

Impeccable taste you have.   :D

why thankyou o noble one

thinking of leaving the roof bars as they are for now and see how they grow on me as have been told you have to remove roof lining to take them off am considering having front grill wrapped in black instead though

why thankyou o noble one

thinking of leaving the roof bars as they are for now and see how they grow on me as have been told you have to remove roof lining to take them off am considering having front grill wrapped in black instead though

I personally think these roof bars with a bit of silver wedged between two black ends looks utterly naff...  All cars with silver roof bars have the ENTIRE bar in silver.  So I'm with you that it would be best to change them.  BUT it is difficult and very expensive so leave well alone.

As to the black grille.  On a white Adventure it is a must as well as wrapping the mirrors in gloss black.

See this GIF MarieK made re the mirrors:

HXeuOo.gif

And the whole discussion about this here:  http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/278776-white-with-blackyeah-or-nay/

Johann, all ready got the mirrors sorted as it comes like that as for the grill have been looking on super skoda and they do a badgeless one which looks cool with the black lower trim for 99 euro so may consider that would add a link to it but not sure how to. Like a lot of bits on there especially the yeti footprint badges

Well I have to say that I am normally in agreement with 900000's aesthetic judgement, but when it comes to roof bars, I have to disagree.

I think on  a Yeti silver bars with black ends works, especially on darker colours. My  first Yeti was silver, so all black bars worked. Car was a relatively simple composition of black and silver. Current Yeti is Regency Green, and I think needs a lighter colour to lift the side elevation. The black/silver/black motif has a precedent. A section through the bumpers has black sides with a silver central section. You could argue the wheels show a similar relationship, with black at each side and a silver centre section.

All very subjective I know, but may help a decision to be made.

• Like 1

Johann, all ready got the mirrors sorted as it comes like that as for the grill have been looking on super skoda and they do a badgeless one which looks cool with the black lower trim for 99 euro so may consider that would add a link to it but not sure how to. Like a lot of bits on there especially the yeti footprint badges

Oops. I did not click on the thumbnail! Indeed it comes standard with black mirrors. Well done Škoda.

This one I think:

yet-fgbb-mc4.jpg

The original grille in black looks best. The no badge one looks weird... Iainm1970 has a white Yeti with black wrapped top bit of the grille.

• Like 1

mariek seen as it seems you are a master of photo shop could colour door tops in black so we can see how it looks as thinkin of doin that

picked car up tonite and looks ace just got to disscuss paint quality issues with dealer