Rights? Warranty

Took my car in the other day for the mirror led replacement. They won't replace the reflector as they reckon its been hit by someone else. In not convinced as we've only left the car in my drive or an open make your own space car park. They will fit the reflector for free though. When I picked up the car, the wheel had not been touched up and the long scratch they were going to buffer out, was still there. It wasn't on the sheet they said. Even though I'd spoken to the manager 2 hours earlier about it. Unbelievable!

I've now got to take it back again on wed. On top of all this. An error code has come up already. Airbag code.

Airbag code after 10 months. Anyone had this before?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Took it back for the airbag problem yesterday. Wiring was loose apparently. A day later its come up again. Airbag error. I come from an Italian background, and people slag off fiats and Alfas. Ive had more issues with German cars. No apology whatsoever from wings in peterborough. I've spent more time there than at work or home in the last 2 weeks. In tempted to speak to Skoda cs. What do you guys think??

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

Took my car back today for the airbag problem. I'm on holiday this week. Had to leave it all day again, even though it was booked in at 11.30am. Picked it up at 4.30, not fixed, and needs a new part. Booked in Thursday again. Have to leave it there. Again. What a fiasco! No apology whatsoever or courtesy car offered. My dad has had to pick me up and take me back on numerous occasions. Not good.

the way ive read this is that you bought a 10 month old car and noticed a few defects upon collection. now as some have said its a second hand car and will have a few stone chips etc for its age but as skoda state on their website

ŠKODA APPROVED multi-point vehicle inspection check

Just so you know your used ŠKODA is in good shape, our fully qualified technicians will give it a comprehensive workshop check before it’s delivered to you.

this to me means the car will be clean and in a roadworthy condition before collection. if your not happy or satisfied how the car was, then phone skoda cs and explain your disappointment at the way your car was presented ( even if they have replace / fixed the faults their attitude may not be up to group standards )

as for the dealer find a good one I drive past one dealer ( had a bad experience with ) to get to one where I get the level of service expected in todays world.

I have spoken to Skoda cs who have taken up a case for me. They in turn spoke to wings in Peterborough who of course said they did nothing wrong. Since my initial nightmare of picking up my car with a broken wing mirror led, fag burn on drivers mat, scuffed wheel, large scratch on bonnet and cracked reflector. I have since had to visit the dealer 5 times due to incompetence. I will stick by my guns and hopefully get some support from skoda cs. I appreciate the support from some of you guys. I hope you never have to go this kind of experience when purchasing a car.

I've worked it out now!!

You got the car at a discounted price because the previous keeper hadn't looked after it.......and now you want it sorting at the dealers expense.

Clever you

Regards all

Juan

Sent from my iPhone using my thumbs

"We got into an argument about this and that..."

"During my heated discussion with the sales manager..."

Therein is the root of your problem.  Difficult though it may be at times, if you stay calm and cool and persistent you generally get what you want.  Lose your rag and start thumping the table and the shutters go up:

"Ended with him saying, if you don't like it, go elsewhere"

On the face of it not very good customer service tactics but just how far had you pushed his patience?

Dealers are human too!  At least I think they are.

Juan. You must be related to someone at wings

Eccleshill. I understand your point of view. But, I run a small business and would never speak to one of my customers lumw that. Regardless!

I didn't get the car cheap. On the contrary. After reading the black line thread, I probably paid too much. I've also found out that the sales manager is the owners son. Coincidence.

What I fail to understand is why you didn't see all of these things prior to signing on the bottom line, airbag light excepted.

If I worked at the garage I'd tell you to do one.

Regards all

Juan

Because, as far as I'm concerned, I'm not convinced they were all there when I first viewed it. Its easy to say I would have done this or that. Im talking about a bad experience I've had over the last 4 weeks, and not just when I picked up the car. If I'm so wrong, why is a customer service manager looking into it for me as he thinks its a justifiable case??

Like I said earlier don Juan. Regardless if whether or not I missed things, its a main dealer and the car is only 10 months old. If it happened to you, I'm sure you would have just let it lie. Do me a favour and follow your own advice!

I'd have checked and agreed any works prior to ordering, upon collection I would check this had been done and give the car the once over again.

Seems that some of us have brains

Regards all

Juan

Seems like your only on here to start an argument or insult people. Like I said before, you must work for wings or a Skoda dealer. Like I told the cs manager at Skoda UK. I've never bought a car this new before and I has this expectation that a main dealer would iron out most defects when presenting you with the car. That's probably why I was a little lapse when viewing the car. Also, my business partner had a similar scenario where he bought a BMW msport. He missed a couple of things and they sorted them no problem. His wife also scuffed a wheel a few days later, and they repaired it free of charge. That's after sales and customer service for you. Negligence is not good customer service in my eyes

If you're so perfect, maybe you should put yourself forward as a second set of eyes for car viewing. I'm sure you've never made a mistake.

DGW. He must have worked hard to get that job. I've read on other threads that I'm not the only one who's had issues there. And its not just him either.

On a positive note. I took the kids to the seaside today, and the car on a decent run. It was an enjoyable drive and the car averaged 52.9 mpg. Not bad at all. Even if the sat nav took me through every village going.

I'd have checked and agreed any works prior to ordering, upon collection I would check this had been done and give the car the once over again.

Seems that some of us have brains

Regards all

Juan

Brains I don't know about, but definitely a surfeit of snide smugness.

Edited by Philip Quinn
  • Like 1

Brains I don't know about, but definitely a surfeit of snide smugness.

No smugness at all, just someone who engages his eyes

Regards all

Juan

• Like 1

The saga continues. Its almost getting funny now

Took the car in again today to have the module changed. Only need it 2 hours they said. 5 hours later I'm ringing them up to check what's happening. Shock, it isn't the module. They also changed the airbag and it isn't that either. Took my car out for 20 minute run, twice and the light came in again. They now want the car for 2 days and will give me a hire car. That will be 5 days in total. I'm supposed to be on holiday for a week. My car has spent more time at skoda than with me. Its my sons birthday sat and I'm driving him to anfield as a surprise. No way I'm doing that in a hire car. The customer service manager said they have eliminated 50% of what it can be. Thats good. Only another 5 days and it should be fixed. What do you guys think??

The cs manager also said that they are using a similar cars parts to try and eliminate the issue. I hope they're not leaving older parts in mine.

Sounds like you need to use another dealer as they clearly dont know what they are doing if they are swoping parts at random off another car.Maybe the mods can merge your threads as there is 3 different threads all about this problem.

Mikey. That's what I thought. The after sales manager told me it was handy having a similar car to use for checking the problem, as all the parts were available. Surely, this must have happened before on another Octavia. When I got the car back, he used a shed load of fuel to test the airbag. I used the same amount to get back from the seaside the other day. Seriously. I checked the trip and he didn't dawdle around. Was it necessary to thrash it and take it on such a long run. Twice. I won't be leaving much fuel in it on Monday. That's for sure.