DMF?

I suspect these syptoms are of a failing DMF just be good if any of you guys could confirm this for me?

Car is a 56plate 2.0tfsi vrs just hit 70k-

When car is in neutral and clutch is not depressed there is a tapping noise

When coming off the power in 6th there is significant vibration through the gear stick (and faintly through the jumbo box armrest)

Significant vibration under heavy acceleration.

cheers in advance for any feedback

The vibration under heavy or hard acceleration is the biggest clue to a worn DMF.

If accelerating in too high gear and too low rpm makes the vibration worse to the point it begins to judder then this will confirm the DMF.

while driving i can see and feel a little vibration on the armrest to .and the clutch os juddying when releasing without giving gas in all gears .  my car is a octi mk2 1.6 mpi 

As far as I know the 1.6 MPI does not have a DMF. So your issues must be down to something else........contaminated/worn clutch, out of balance tyres etc.  

As far as I know the 1.6 MPI does not have a DMF. So your issues must be down to something else........contaminated/worn clutch, out of balance tyres etc.  

i hope the car doesnt have the DMF !! ok i hope the vibration while driving is out of balance tyres . thanks

Edited by SKODA OCTAVIA

just replaced my DMF(and clutch), horrible tapping noise and vibration, least you haven't got the 4x4 and can do a SMF conversion, theres plenty of thread on here and well worth searching

• 3 months later...

not sure about your car having a DMF but the vibration under heavy load could also be a sigh of the drive shaft inner joint or intermediate bearing. Get under car and have a good feel/push/shove at the shafts and see if there is any excessive play. its difficult to say without actually feeling it myself. A good mechanic will tell you.

I suspect these syptoms are of a failing DMF just be good if any of you guys could confirm this for me?

Car is a 56plate 2.0tfsi vrs just hit 70k-

When car is in neutral and clutch is not depressed there is a tapping noise

When coming off the power in 6th there is significant vibration through the gear stick (and faintly through the jumbo box armrest)

Significant vibration under heavy acceleration.

cheers in advance for any feedback

Yep sounds like a dmf mate, i had to replace mine, ended up going for the LOBA motorsport kit made a massive difference.