Brand new vRS - warning light in less than 60 mins...

Evening,

Just wondering if anyone has any ideas as to what might be ailing my brand new vRS that I've owned for less than 5 hours - after about 45 mins after driving my new baby away from the dealership the tyre warning light came on. I thought nothing of it as I have a pump at home & put it down to the dealership putting in too little/much air. Sure enough the least filled tyre was at 3.5 bar so I let some out until it got closer to the 2.5/2.4 mark... however the friggin warning light is still on! I'm going to be calling the dealership first thing tomorrow & then drive straight there after work to sort it out but thought I'd throw it out the on the forum to see if anyone had any theories.

FYI not sure if this might affect things at all but I had the standard Gigaro alloys swapped out at the dealership for the Anthracite Gigaros... so possibly something to do with that? I don't know as I've got very little knowledge about vehicles beyond driving them!

an0therid

Evening,

Just wondering if anyone has any ideas as to what might be ailing my brand new vRS that I've owned for less than 5 hours - after about 45 mins after driving my new baby away from the dealership the tyre warning light came on. I thought nothing of it as I have a pump at home & put it down to the dealership putting in too little/much air. Sure enough the least filled tyre was at 3.5 bar so I let some out until it got closer to the 2.5/2.4 mark... however the friggin warning light is still on! I'm going to be calling the dealership first thing tomorrow & then drive straight there after work to sort it out but thought I'd throw it out the on the forum to see if anyone had any theories.

FYI not sure if this might affect things at all but I had the standard Gigaro alloys swapped out at the dealership for the Anthracite Gigaros... so possibly something to do with that? I don't know as I've got very little knowledge about vehicles beyond driving them!

an0therid

What to do is check all your pressures are correct, then turn the key so you get the electrics on, but don't start then press and hold the tyre pressure setting button next to the handbrake and the light should go out and your pressures are set.

• Like 1

What to do is check all your pressures are correct, then turn the key so you get the electrics on, but don't start then press and hold the tyre pressure setting button next to the handbrake and the light should go out and your pressures are set.

This.  Your manual should describe how to reset the tyre pressure monitoring thing.  Should have been part of the handover guide too. This is more of a maintenance / upkeep thing, than a dealer issue.  Of course, they shouldn't have put in 3.5 bar of pressure.  That's verging on dangerously high!

• Like 1

Trying to remember but I think "storage pressure" (between factory and PDI) was either 3.2 or 3.6 bar.  Either way, dangerous and time to have a word with the dealer.

Doh! Like I said - know nothing about cars :P Thanks for that I'll have a read of the manual while I'm on the "throne" before my early shift & give that a bash before wailing at the dealer! Would go & try it now but the gf who's already snoozing for her early would go spare seeing as I've spent all night fussing over the new car!

Enjoy your car now.

Let the Dealership Workshop Manager know how a member of staff put the car out without tyre pressures checked.

(it is good that the TPMS button had not been set by the plonker that fitted the wheels,

or you could have been running around for long enough, if you are not in the habit of checking and setting tyre pressures on cars that you drive.)

Worth a read of the Owners Manual, to be up on things.

Also worth checking your Spare Wheel & Tool kit is all present.

Check the oil level cold to see how much it shows at when the car was delivered,

then from the manual, know how to check the oil hot, and know where it shows Hot, & when cold.

george