Hello I am a newbie

Dancebluecat

After debating on the Petrol or Storm blue, now seriously considering the Candy White option due to no extra cost - that would then make the automatic only £500 more or so than the manual.

What are people's thoughts on colours? (We currently have a misty lilac citroen picasso and a maroon ford focus - lovely I hear you cry!)

MarieK I guess you are voting for white?! :hi:

• Like 1

We eventually ended up with five white Yetis at the Gaydon meet (unfortunately two missed the main photo shoot). I don't think there were more than two of any other colour. It certainly suits the Yeti in white. Even rockhopper's tonky toy, which has done quite a bit of off-roading scrubbed up very well ;)

I don't think you'd be disappointed, and as you say a non-metallic gives more wiggle room in the budget.

• Like 2

After debating on the Petrol or Storm blue, now seriously considering the Candy White option due to no extra cost - that would then make the automatic only £500 more or so than the manual.

What are people's thoughts on colours? (We currently have a misty lilac citroen picasso and a maroon ford focus - lovely I hear you cry!)

MarieK I guess you are voting for white?! :hi:

Go for the classy dark look and add some bling...Rosso Brunello  :love:

gallery_21358_794_349098.jpg

• Like 1

We eventually ended up with five white Yetis at the Gaydon meet (unfortunately two missed the main photo shoot). I don't think there were more than two of any other colour. It certainly suits the Yeti in white. Even rockhopper's tonky toy, which has done quite a bit of off-roading scrubbed up very well ;)

I don't think you'd be disappointed, and as you say a non-metallic gives more wiggle room in the budget.

There were two blacks and two Steel Grey!!!

My choice would be Muscovado but for a £500 saving I'd go for white. Yeti looks great in white. Also MUCH easier to keep clean than the dark solid blues.

• Like 1

My local Eastern European's did a good job washing it. I then put some super resin polish on then some Extra Gloss Protection, both supplied with my lifeshine kit from Autoglym. It does look rather shiny   :rofl:

9387265406_2afb7fbf7c_b.jpg
IMG_0417 by MikesYeti, on Flickr

There were two blacks and two Steel Grey!!!

My choice would be Muscovado but for a £500 saving I'd go for white. Yeti looks great in white. Also MUCH easier to keep clean than the dark solid blues.

Two reds as well, but then it was down to single figures. I though there were two Steel Grey to start with, but it must have been a trick of the light, as we ended up with a Muscovado pretender :) Not that you name your Yeti but I think "Pig-Pen" from the Peanuts strip would be a suitable name, as it does seem to be a dust mud magnet :giggle: (for those that weren't there, Johann took it for a play in the puddles half way through the photo-shoot).

I like the white more each time I see it, though personally I'd always go for something more colourful :)

Have to say this forum has already been so useful for me - I would not have considered an automatic before and also was hell bent on a metallic colour.

A friend just popped round in his new Skoda Scout and was exclaiming over the virtues of the 1.2 engine and the automatic gear box that he had. I also noticed the new badge which I think looks pretty smart.

Tried to convince hubby we need to order now before the face life and probable price rises, will await the pictures of the new skoda with interest in September. Again without this forum I would have had no idea about the new version being imminent!

Thanks everyone

• Like 1

It has been a goldmine for me too and there are some super characters here, Seize the moment and order it NOW!

• Like 1

I would order it today but husband wants to wait :)

Husband is a sensible type then.  Wait until you've seen the pictures of the facelifted Yeti.  It is so close now that there really is no point not to wait unless you really, really feel you want to make a killing with a discount now.  Just remember that once that is out you will still be able to make a killing on any pre-FL Yetis at any dealers as these will be the "old look"...

• Like 2

Go for the classy dark look and add some bling...Rosso Brunello  :love:

gallery_21358_794_349098.jpg

That Yeti has a very subtle, interesting expression on its face.

• Like 1

Husband is a sensible type then.  Wait until you've seen the pictures of the facelifted Yeti.  It is so close now that there really is no point not to wait unless you really, really feel want to make a killing with a discount now.  Just remember that once that is out you will still be able to make a killing on any pre-FL Yetis at any dealers as these will be the "old look"...

Despite my egging on earlier, this is really very sensible advice. Johann, as you will learn, is a very wise chap who talks a ton of sense. Be careful if you use his very comprehensive collection-day checklist though. It's brilliant but we got into lots of trouble last Friday asking our dealership where the tow bar and loads of other things were on Ottie...of course, they are only on Johann's car!  :blush:

• Like 1

Yup, I agree with Johann on this, wait and see what the new face lift looks like. But it may be worth noting that a new order may have limited or no extras effectively being a stock model. You get a choice of what is in the pipe (in production) Nothing at all wrong with that. I came close to getting an out going Octavia before I spotted may Jana in the show room.

Either way a face lift snow monster will still be the same as the current bar a few cosmetic and equipment changes and still be a cracking car.

It's brilliant but we got into lots of trouble last Friday asking our dealership where the tow bar and loads of other things were on Ottie...of course, they are only on Johann's car! :blush:

Blush...

Haha. That's funny re the list.

• Like 1

Just been doing more research and now considering a 1.2 elegance yeti dsg - never had an automatic before - should I go for it rather than manual ? Is it more hefty on the mpg? it takes the price up to £18500 rather than £17500 on drive the deal.

another question re delivery - how long are new builds taking now - say if I wanted the new car to arrive November/December time?

Thanks

May be a tiny bit heftier on mpg,but an automatic dsg yeti is truely a pleasure to drive.An extra k is a small price to pay in comparison to the enjoyment you will experience.

Edited by oriki

May be a tiny bit heftier on mpg,but an automatic dsg yeti is truely a pleasure to drive.An extra k is a small price to pay in comparison to the enjoyment you will experience.

We ordered 31 May and delivery was on 26 July – exactly as specified by the dealership. Oooh, you are in for a treat!