Fitting of side decals

MarieK

They look good Rick. They work well with aqua blue  :rock:

Thanks Marie,

When I peeled the backing they looked so different and transparent I was unsure how they would turn out. I do like them and think the white ones would really look wrong.

The one on the boot I had made up for me,  

These decals look great on both cars, like the boot Yeti, would love to fit some myself, but not sure if I would make a mess of it, with stick  on labels or screen protectors normally end up with bubbles or not on straight etc.

TR7

I know what you mean because you feel you only have one shot at it and you think should I of ordered an extra set just in case I mess up, but it is easy the soapy water will let you slide them and peel them off to reposition then when they're right dab them down lightly and start to squeegee them.  

They come with instructions and quite straight forward , even how to mix the soapy water and if use the squeegee supplied you wont have any bubbles. 

• 2 weeks later...

Marie and Rick can I join the decal gang please????

Just fitted mine today, I actually thought they would of turned out a lot darker. They break up the white of the car nicely though.attachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpg

Hi Fergster

Like the decals. I noticed that your wheel arches are black. Did you do them yourself or were they a factory/dealer option?

Hi armayeti I got the dealer to fit them for me when I collected the car. The dealer said it wasn't possible to spec the car from the factory like that.

Just finished wrapping my front grill and replacing the skoda badge with the new version. My journey to the dark side is near complete.post-103241-0-75135700-1377541536_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Yes Marie just heat the old one with a hair drier and pull it off. It's just held on with trim tape. If you use a screwdriver or thin trim tool to help start prising the badge free it helps a lot.

I had the grille off for wrapping so it was easier to remove the badge as behind the chrome grille are two slots which you can use to force the badge free from the grille.

The badge is from the citigo you just need to trim two wee lugs from the back of the new badge. If you leave a few mm on these lugs it helps location back on the grille.

• Like 1

I tried to fit a grille badge a while back and couldn't get access behind it, I started to remove the grille but after taking loads of clips I couldn't see what was still holding it. It may be easier to remove the whole front. It turned out that the badge was not going to fit properly so that's when I got the idea to put it on the tailgate instead.

Hi Rick yes I have. Just trying to work out the best way to remove the chrome surround from the grille. Might need more vinyl wrap too lol. This wrapping lark is addictive lol

In that case you better start wrapping those mirrors too...  As you know I think a white Yeti looks the best with black mirrors.   :rofl:

Then it would rude me not to! ;) lol.

Just wrapped the lower part of the grille.post-103241-0-26266400-1377609161_thumb.jpg

Rick to remove the grille just undo the two t25 torx and pop up the four push fasteners on top of the grille. The just use brute force and ignorance to pull it free from the bumper. I started at the sides then worked around the bottom. You might want to support the bumper as you pull as it seems very flexible. A good sharp pull should do the trick. It's just held in place by eight plastic clips. Hope this is of some help. post-103241-0-26266400-1377609161_thumb.jpg