Fitting of side decals

MarieK

Super job MarieK. I think those decals look fantastic on the white yeti.

I should have my yeti by next week so will get these ordered sharpish. Did you look at the bonnet decals?

I would be interested to know on peoples opinions of these.

• Like 1

Snowy now looks VERY smart and stylish with these contrasting against his white body work. Not sure they would work as well on my metallic green and that's going to be my excuse for not having the patience/steady hand to even have a go at it!.

I am now considering the light colour ones on my Yeti. Marie did you pay via credit card transaction, I understand you said the cost was £93 is there any carriage cost and what is the delivery time?

Not that I'm in the market for these but I would have preferred them if they had just wrapped around the door edges. I presume these are based on paint protection film as the fitting method is the same, I had no trouble when I made my rear door 'foils' of taking and adhering about 12 mm around the door lip, adding extra protection.

I am now considering the light colour ones on my Yeti. Marie did you pay via credit card transaction, I understand you said the cost was £93 is there any carriage cost and what is the delivery time?

I do like what Marie has done, but perhaps I'm getting a bit tight in my old age £93 for a bit of plastic seems well over the top to me. :think:

I do like what Marie has done, but perhaps I'm getting a bit tight in my old age £93 for a bit of plastic seems well over the top to me. :think:

3M paint protection film does not come cheap either, but does a very good job of protecting paintwork, cheaper though than a visit to a body shop :-)

• Like 1

It sends you to a secure site for payment by credit card.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I bite the bullet today and fitted 3m paint protection film to the bottom half of my Yeti doors .I ordered 5metres of the film from a firm on island (5m x 15cms) which depth wise covered perfectly. I cut the film to required lengths for back and front doors, and proceeded to fit them.Quite easy followed MarieK, advice and they are done.No air bubbles and hopefully will protect this area.One word of advice, make sure the area is spotless and fully degreased and use plenty of soapy water to fit them.I found wearing a pair of viynal disposable gloves stopped the finger prints happening on the adhesive side of the film.

Tony

• Like 1

Good stuff Tony  :thumbup: 

A couple of other folk have messaged me to say that they have bought the same decals as mine.

Hopefully they will post up pics of them fitted on here when they get around to it.

Yeti club..decal division  :rock: 

• Like 2

Here are a couple of pics of mine recently fitted. These are the dark ones stuck over Aqua Blue. 

Photo0042.jpg

Photo0039.jpg

DSCN2516.jpg

Edited by RickT
  • Like 3

These decals look great on both cars, like the boot Yeti, would love to fit some myself, but not sure if I would make a mess of it, with stick  on labels or screen protectors normally end up with bubbles or not on straight etc.