A flurry of Yetis

dbg400

Good to meet everyone today and thanks to Johann for acting as ring master (and lead Yeti on the 3-paw convoy south down the M40...).

PS Amazingly, Johann's Yeti was immaculate - well, until it spotted some puddles on the way back from the Yeti herding photo shoot..... 

The Yetis escaped to play.

post-74012-13750816284979_thumb.jpg

But one got left behind.

post-74012-13750816712748_thumb.jpg

The big predators watched from cover, waiting.

post-74012-13750817309256_thumb.jpg

The others played some more.

post-74012-13750818198368_thumb.jpg

What idiot thought of writing by car? Oh, as you were.

Thanks guys. Had a good day. It was good to see that the Yetis were by far the most organised model group.

post-74012-13750815260013_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

Some good pics on here and on the other thread. Amusing about the one getting stuck! And the weather held out too. I feared it was going to be a soggy affair.

Alas a group birthday celebration on Sat night meant I was a tad too hungover on Sunday to contemplate going. Next time, maybe.

No one got stuck really, just a lack of experience trying to get a front wheel drive up a fairly steep grass hill forwards, so a different route was taken. :)

• Like 4

I guess it's a good place to learn what the car is capable of, when there are kind folks to advise and room to manoeuvre the car around.

Funnily enough, my brother commented that he'd had trouble with an Ewok on a steep grassy slope, when parking one up for an advert on a golf course. Said it was in the wrong mode, so was getting a bit of wheelspin. That said he's a bit mad, so probably deliberately gave it too much beans to make it spin...

The big predators watched from cover, waiting.

Haha...  indeed...  though like typical Land Rovers of this vintage these never showed any life.  Their fluids are probably drained, their electrics fried and they are permanently parked here.  So the Yetis knew not to be fearful of them in the least.

I guess by default I win the 'best reversing up a grassy bank in a 2WD car after making a bit of a tit of myself' award  :)

The photoshoot made the day extra special so I'm glad I took part.

• Like 4

....As Yetis are solitary beasts, I'm not sure if there is a collective noun for them, but flurry sounds good to me!

Definitive :yes: !  See http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/173691-collective-noun/ post #17.  Seems to have been adopted by general acclamation by the then pioneer membership and has been used fairly consistently ever since

• Like 1