Flamin Armrest saga

I've had my Rapid SE since late March and all in all its a good car... but I wish flaming SUK would add the centre armrest as an accessory... SEAT do with the Toledo,   at £161 I'd buy one...BUT its only available in GREY ( 6JA061100 ) and the Skoda interior is in Charcoal... FFS come on SUK it's not that hard....

another option I looked at was RATI Armster....but they don't make one for the RAPID...and the others like the Roomster & Fabia options don't fit either

Very frustrated

Edited by Octivarian
  • Like 1

Too bad that car options are so different between countries:( It's, indeed, very frustrating! At the end, we all get essentially the same car, but different options when buying it.

Edited by niant

I do agree with you on this, I asked Lee on here ( @Preston_Motors ) to see if he could get hold of one for me but as they've not released it as an accessory the only way to get one would be to order it as a part, which would come in at £350. Just ridiculous considering it's a £100 option on the configurator when speccing a new car!

Why can't they do the same here then? Honestly! I mean what is the bloody difference?

That's a more eloquent way of putting what I said :giggle:

I don't understand why it's not available here, it's a bit pricey, but I'd spend the money.. one of the few pricey components that I would happily buy if they'd let me, they can shove their overpriced iPod USB Y cable in to various orifices.

• 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...

I've just bought armrest for my rapid se 1.2 tsi from dealer in germany, cost 220 Euros and was pretty easy to fit approx 30 mins. a bit expensive maybe but well worth it.

Anybody know anything about these?

http://www.directcarparts.co.uk/product/1742/v00762/armster-2-black-car-armrest-for-skoda-rapid-2013.html

I want to get one too but i'm not paying ~£200 out for one!!

That looks good, there is also "simplier" one at £71.

Has any body got experience of the arm rests?

Bidey fae Perth

• 1 month later...

I didn't realise people actually want the armrest in their Rapids. When we went on a test drive before ordering ours the one thing I hated was that bloody armrest. Luckily we're having a DSG so won't need to be changing gear, but if it was to be a manual we would have walked away purely because of the stupid afterthought of an armrest thats been ripped out of an old, old, old golf. 

This style of arm rest has been a stalwart of the VAG brand for many years.

Suppose I must used to it, as the Spaceback is the third or fourth Skoda we've had with this type and I don't have a problem with it. Mind my good lady always stows the thing in the full upright position; likewise she finds it annoying.

TP

I didn't realise people actually want the armrest in their Rapids. When we went on a test drive before ordering ours the one thing I hated was that bloody armrest. Luckily we're having a DSG so won't need to be changing gear, but if it was to be a manual we would have walked away purely because of the stupid afterthought of an armrest thats been ripped out of an old, old, old golf.

Totally agree with you. The Elegance I drove before I ordered a Sport had one and I hated it too. It's very obtrusive and a total waste of time. Thankfully the Sport hasn't got one :)

Our other car (kia Ceed) has one as did our last car Megane. So kinda got used to it and because we have the DSG gear change is not an issue. So anybody ripping theirs out let me know! ;<)

I can see how some people find it annoying but it really is easy to lift it up. I enjoy having the comfort on a long journey, pop the cruise control on, pull down the arm rest and enjoy a comfortable journey!

Don't get me wrong, I really like having an armrest. The one in the Yeti was perfect and so was the one in the Astra but I find the one in the rapid interferes with the controls too much.  

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I sat in a Rapid today that had the armrest, but it wouldn't lock into the down position, and simply kept going down until it hit the hand brake. Is it supposed to be like that, or should it lock into a fixed position?

I sat in a Rapid today that had the armrest, but it wouldn't lock into the down position, and simply kept going down until it hit the hand brake. Is it supposed to be like that, or should it lock into a fixed position?

It's on a ratchet of some sort, you bring it down, then up again into the position you want and it 'locks'.