First Yeti woes?

@Lee

OK, it's a 2.0 TDi CR 140, coolant ok, oil level ok but, after a couple of short journeys <10 miles, when the engine is shut down, the fans behind the radiator have continued to run for ~5 minutes. Surely this can't be normal, can it? Anyone aware of this happening? The things done less than 2000 kilometers so far. :(

When the car is parked and ticking over, are the revs slightly higher than normal?  If they are then the fans running on are because of the DPF regen is happening, short journeys mean it doesn't get long enough to regen.

Quite normal.

• Like 1

wow! The Brisky Rapid Response team are on the ball :rock:

I didn't think a DPF regen would happen so soon.

DPF was amongst my first suspiciond but never having a CR before I wasn't sure. Many thanks :)

Around 10 miles is long enough (in the current weather) for the engine to warm up and the DPF regen to kick in. Unfortunately it's not long enough for it to complete the cycle, so when you park up it's still got a hotter than usual engine. Until I started going to more Brisky meets I had this nearly every Thursday on the 11 mile run taking my daughter to her Aikido class. Doesn't happen as often now (particularly after Gaydon & Midlands meets this week).

• Like 1

Go for a blip on the dual carriageway or motorway in fourth gear at 70 mph and all should be regened after a mile or two, you can check it has completed by dipping the clutch and coasting with no revs on, you will see the tickover back to normal when complete.

• Like 1

SWMBO's response was 'WTF you buy a ******* Greentech then get told to rev the nuts out of it to clear the soot? How ******* 'Eco' is that? I want my old Golf back or something from the '80's when you didn't have all this eco ****' :D I do love her :D

• Like 1

Go for a blip on the dual carriageway or motorway in fourth gear at 70 mph and all should be regened after a mile or two, you can check it has completed by dipping the clutch and coasting with no revs on, you will see the tickover back to normal when complete.

that will be fun in a DSG  :rofl:

SWMBO's response was 'WTF you buy a ******* Greentech then get told to rev the nuts out of it to clear the soot? How ******* 'Eco' is that? I want my old Golf back or something from the '80's when you didn't have all this eco ****' :D I do love her :D

I do believe she has a point regarding DPFs in general. I suspect they don't reduce the overall emissions, quite the opposite?  Just move the soot from the urban environment to the rural / motorway......

• Like 1