Jonezy Fabia 1.4 mpi

AdamJonezy

Hi all,

Im currently driving a Skoda Fabia 1.4 mpi 02 in orange/red bought the car off a friend over a year ago for a good price of £400 as needed timing chain changing and a few other little bits but the body work is mint. I didn't do much changes for the first year as I was getting all the necessary things done first. When I first bought the Fabia I started off by changing the timing chain, auxilary belt, new oil, air and fuel filters and a fresh oil change. The car run a lot better than I thought it would. As there was no stereo I bought myself a JVC CD player with aux input, and I put a 12 subwoofer in the boot and some 6x9s in little enclosures in the boot as I don't like the idea of cutting the parcel shelf up to have them on show, they were both wired up to a amp. Then a couple month down the line the head gasket decided it didnt like me so ended up getting the head done. After that the Fabia runs even better than before. It had the standard steel wheels which made the car look awful, so sorced some Skoda Atria alloys off eBay with new Pirelli tyres all round for a reasonable £250 delivered to my door, got to say the car looks a hell of a lot better with the alloys on.

As I thought I could relax with not needing to spend anything else on the Fabia, it developed a coolant leak, it only leaked when engine was at temperature, after I inspected the engine I noticed that it was leaking from the thermostat, so sourced a brand new thermo stat off eBay and replaced it, thank god it wasn't a expensive job.

Got some JOM Coilovers waiting to go on the car, typical just as they arrive the weather takes a turn for the worse and is lashing it down, were has the sun gone :(

Will get some pictures up tomorrow if I get chance to, thanks for looking.

sweet, my missus drives one of these in that lovely green colour lol!

Had it a few year now and its never let us down yet 'touch wood' :) .

nice smooth little run around and it actually has more features than my fabia 2 since mine is a base version and hers is a comfort :P looking forward to see what u come up with :)

The car actually does drive very smooth, and does have a lot more features than I expected aswell

Will hopfully get some pics on later tonight as I got around to fitting the coilovers yesterday so will get some pictures later on tonight.

Thinking of getting the alloys refurbed and done in white, but can't make my mind up. You think they would look right in white mate?

Just a quick update nothing major but the little things do make a difference :)

Put some led side lights in and wow they are very bright, looks like the main beam is on in the picture but it is just the side lights

IMAG0133_BURST002_zpscb269e65.jpg

Then I changed the logo on the key as it had seen far better days.

IMAG0166_BURST003_zps0602a6c8.jpg

Like new :)

IMAG0167_BURST004_zps266f748b.jpg

Will put pics up of the car on the coilies as soon as I get the chance to get a good snap :)

Thanks for looking, Jonezy

My missus kerbed her wheeltrims on her furby, as a quick fix I got some white car paint from halfords and resprayed them lol. They actually look a treat with the green of her car. Will upload or start my journal soon on my mk2 . Will put up some pics of the missus furby too to show u how the trims turned out lol.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick update well not really a update but I havnt out ewt in here for a week now, went to Scotland for the weekend and the car ran perfect, very happy with how good the coilovers actually are

I will try get some pictures up later on tonight

Thanks Jonezy

• 2 weeks later...

Just bought some of these of eBay needed some new headlights as mine are badly scratched and misted, hopfully be here by Monday :) so should get them fitted the following Saturday, got some black tint vinyl for the reverse lights and fogs aswell will either get that done this weekend or next, I will get some pics up soon, been very busy and the car is filthy thanks for looking.

2013-09-05_10-03-29_zps4beec632.png

• Like 1

Just a few pics of the car now the coilovers have settled lowest I can go due to speed bumps around my area, wish I could go lower because there's about 30mm to go on the front and 45mm to go on the back will probably test it one day all the way down and see how it is over the speed bumps but for now this will do :)...

PicsArt_1379313647768_zps4ddb8584.jpg

PicsArt_1379314712861_zps0e765d30.jpg

Nice shot of the rear...

PicsArt_1379313860493_zpsab6c6fd9.jpg

Few new additions Cookie Monster Sticker...

PicsArt_1379313812005_zps0ef43932.jpg

And Elmo Sticker...

PicsArt_1379313725839_zps14a23cb2.jpg

Thanks for Looking Adam

• 1 month later...

Will be purchasing some Octavia VRS Seats of a very kind Briskodian next week so will hopefully have the interior fitted in the next few weeks :)

Going to wind the coilovers down tonight if it's not p****** it down tonight

Will try get some pics up tonight :)

Thanks For Looking Adam

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Not updated this for a while. Haven't really done much to Fabz apart from maintenance and a few little mods. I never got round to sticking some pics up of the Octy VRS half leathers so heres a couple will try get better pics soon...

IMG_20140613_172257_zps2f53363f.jpg

IMG_20140613_172240_zps2aa47a48.jpg

I also wrapped the heater vents with some black and white stickerbomb vinyl...

IMG_20140613_153557_zpse2465f77.jpg

IMG_20140613_172346_zps232d35e3.jpg

This is how it currently sits, had to take alloys off as tyres were very bold and couldnt afford new ones...

IMG_20140612_152938_zpse93a5b8b.jpg

IMG_20140612_152928_zpsa73fe6f7.jpg

Sorry for the rubbish quality pics, took off my phone, will try get more better quality ones up soon. Thanks for looking. Jonezy

Looking nice! Any performance mods? If not I do have a few that I did to my old mpi if you need any info...

Sent from my S5 using Tapatalk

Thanks mate! No havnt done any performance mods yet, wasnt really sure what there was to do to it really. What sort of performance mods did you do to yours? Any nice gains? 

Thanks, Jonezy

Throttle body, custom intake manifold, modified filter box, high flow exhaust, ported head and then tuned. Went well!

Sounds sweet :) all sounds like it would be a lot out of my price range tho, im only on an apprentice wage :( wish I could afford to do all that to mine

Just a quick update nothing special, decided to clean throttle body today, wow it was filthy didnt take any pics of it tho. Massive difference since cleaning, idles a lot steadier and revs dont famce up and down anymore. Got carried away and decided to tart rocker cover up a bit aswell not best of jobs but will do for now :)

Quick pic of engine bay...

20140625_172216_zps0cfa3e84.jpg

Also this arrived today ;) waiting on spare airbox then going to have a bash at fitting this...

20140624_184905_zps628dd53c.jpg

Cant wait to get it fitted been told it makes a massive difference :D thats all for now.

Thanks Jonezy

• Like 1

That plus a pipercross filter makes a noticeable difference to torque. If you need any guidance let me know.

Already got a K&N panel filter that basically the same?

Thanks mate appreciate it, whats the best stuff to use for sealing it on the air box?