Jonezy Fabia 1.4 mpi

AdamJonezy

I cleaned mine, but done it just once now and it's still ok. And before that the TB has not been cleaned ever...so 14 years. So how does yours get so full of crap?

And you have to watch out if you are taking the TB out of the car to clean it. After I cleaned my TB and put it back in the car, i constantly got a fault code and the car was consuming more fuel. So I had to re-calibrate the TB and now its all fine.

Try to find out what could it be. My friend had the same problem on a Polo 6n, his tb was always dirty. And how the heck did the rocker cover manage to crack?

And yep, that's always the case when you are having a car. Always money money money...and since we all here are car guys there goes even more money on mods, rims, tyres...:D

Not much of an update but here goes. 

Coil pack gave out yesterday car would only run on 2 cylinders so went and bought a new one fitted it last night after work in the dark.  She fired up on all cylinders straight away seems to run fine but seems like it's gone less torquey? 

Anybody have any idea why it seems like that? It's strange, it isn't just me that thinks it aswell the misses and my Dad both agree with me seems strange to me.

Anyway here's a couple pics i snapped last night of the beasty 8v engine, sorry if bad quality. 

20141125_171433_zps35aeed4c.jpg

20141125_171522_zps33c2523a.jpg

Really annoys me how the bumper wont sit perfectly to the wing :(

Hopefully get the new rims fitted and new poly bushes fitted this weekend aswell so should have some decent pics up :) bought the BBS rims that were being sold in the for sale section, gonna run em as they are and refurb them start of next year some time :)

Cant wait to get these fitted :D 

20141125_203152_zps377791c3.jpg

Sorry for rambling on and most likely boring you half to death haha

Thanks for looking :)

Ah I have a funny feeling I'm gonna have to change my coil pack soon too :/ running like a bag of nails at the minute! How long did it take you to change over mate?

It's running a lot better with the new coil pack just seems to not be as tourqey :(

It took me about 15-20 mins max, it's a simple job mate. Just undo the 2 Allen key bolts at the bottom of the coil pack make sure you have a hand underneath when undoing the last one fully because there's a little beaker that falls out. Then pull old one off undo the connector (that's the bit that took me the longest, hate them type of connectors haha) then plug new one in and put the bolts back in (they screw into the bracket which falls out) very easy job mate :)

I had a real pain getting the bumper to line up properly as well, I ended up pretty much hanging off it getting it to fit. Managed it in the end.

Also props for keeping your engine bay so clean! haha.

I had a real pain getting the bumper to line up properly as well, I ended up pretty much hanging off it getting it to fit. Managed it in the end.

Also props for keeping your engine bay so clean! haha.

It's a right pain in the back side, il have another bash at getting it to line up when I can be arsed haha

Thanks mate :) altough I have never cleaned under the bonnet I don't know how it is so clean. Ain't gonna complain tho haha