Boost problem

Comomg back from skegvegas today after overtaking a lorry then driving roughly another 15 mins....then noticed there was no boost car would still go but pick up realy slowly in every gear ...so while still moving dipped the clutch ignition off then back on and away it went back to pulling strong..any ideas?

My mums octavia does the same thing Its an over boost thing, hers does it if you rev it over 3500rpm but like yours if you switch it off then back on again it resets itself. My dad did tell me what the cause is but I forgot

More like overboost caused by a sticking turbo I would say - vanes start to stick.  They can be cleaned out but you either do a proper job (remove turbo, split open, clean all moving parts, reassemble, refit) or try the Mr Muscle guide on this forum somewhere.  Can work to de-gunk it a little.

Maf sensor is by the air box the map sensor is on top of the intercooler and that's the one you need to look at. Make sure you check the wiring too though as the first time I just replaced the sensor then a few months later had problems again and the wires had rubbed through and broke so extended them to prevent it happening again

Would this be intermittant tho because its done it once in 3 weeks?

Mine was intermittent when it was the sensor like you're getting but when the wiring rubbed through no boost at all and turning it off and on didn't sort it

So the sensor it is and just check the wireing whilt im changing it

Actually unwrap the felt tape around the wiring as when I changed the sensor I thought it looked fine but when it stopped boosting all together and I actually unwrapped it to get to the wiring I found the break in it