so, the modding bug has bitten

CWizzle

so i believe the fabia is coming on nicely, it's where i want it cosmetically, and the coilovers are on there way

service wise it's all up to date and running like a dream.

so my next step is to start a shopping list, and then start going for the power:

What im after is a list of what is needed for stage 2 (200 - 210bhp hopefully :) )

this is the list / plan i can think of, please feel free to add / make other suggestions:

Stage 1 map at Motech Performance in Northampton

PD150 Turbo or a hybrid pd130 - good for 200bhp?

Intercooler (thinking ebay intercooler and i'll sort out pipework, or a darkside cooler)

PD160 Intake

Clutch and DMF to take the extra power and torque

Remap to deal with mods

should i be reasonable in expecting 200bhp there? or would i need a hybrid turbo?

any photos of intercooler setups would be lovely too, so i know what to look for etc

Cheers

Chris

Edited by CWizzle

There's no point getting a stage 1 remap if your wanting to go for a PD150 turbo, you may as well do all the mods then a remap.

I went for a stage 1 map which was £270 now I'm having a hybrid turbo fitted its going to cost me another £300 - £350 for another map.

If your willing to hybrid a pd130 then I would try and find a pd150 turbo to hybrid that. A 130 would be much easier to come by though!

As for clutch I will eventually be going for Helix as I know it will be able to cope with what I throw at it.

Don't forget the bigger brakes :)

Brakes are the last mod ill do :)

Well hybriding a pd130 tempts me as its a straight fit back. Im not sure whats needed to fit a pd150.

Got a link to the clutch youre looking at? Im trying to be budgeting about this and potentially just buy a new clutch kit. As my dmf is silent. Got a feeling that isnt a good idea though lol

Aaaah Im not after the smf conversion, after what ive read / heard about them

Does the pd150 fit straight on and plumb in ok? No extra hoses needed etc?

How much am I looking to have a turbo ive got, made into a stage 1 hybrid?

Aaaah Im not after the smf conversion, after what ive read / heard about them

Does the pd150 fit straight on and plumb in ok? No extra hoses needed etc?

How much am I looking to have a turbo ive got, made into a stage 1 hybrid?

I don't think you'll be able to run reliable big power with a DMF, they are crap anyway. You'll just get a rattle and a bit of vibration with a SMF :)

The PD150 will plumb in fine - I take it your going to be using all new boost hoses anyway for a FMIC?

Not sure about stage 1, mines going stage 2 hybrid with a billet wheel for £650.

Ive got a pd 150 turbo on mine getting it mapped at darkside on 20th August but its on stock intercooler as you cant get a side mounted upgrade I believe?

Also I think a smf might have been fitted to mine..

Do you get a rattle/vibration at idle with a smf if gears in neutral?

Sound goes away when I dip clutch or put it in gear? Got a suspicion could be the gearbox on it's way out but mechanic I know said he reckons its had a smf fitted!

I was worried could be gearbox issues any other ways of knowing if it's smf rattle?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4

• 4 weeks later...

So looking at intercoolers now and if im going to do it properly, Im thinking seat sport intercooler with the right pipework to fit

This is the right kit for the fabia?

http://www.darksidedevelopments.co.uk/products/hard-pipework-kit-for-seat-ibiza-vw-polo-skoda-fabia-with-seatsport-fmic.html

So looking at intercoolers now and if im going to do it properly, Im thinking seat sport intercooler with the right pipework to fit

This is the right kit for the fabia?

http://www.darksidedevelopments.co.uk/products/hard-pipework-kit-for-seat-ibiza-vw-polo-skoda-fabia-with-seatsport-fmic.html

That would fit - although one of the members on here has it and said he's disappointed, it was very ill fitting and has rubbed through the pipes in 2 places.

Also Airtec have just released a copy of the Seat Sport intercooler looks yummy and I might buy one!!

eBay item number

Well if it's ill fitting darkside would sort it presuming they fitted it?

Could be down to whoever fitted the intercooler, not that the product itself isnt up to scratch

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4

From my experience, if its darksides fault they'll sort it. id happily use their products