Soon to be no longer a Skoda owner

Waplord

Well following my test drives and considerable thinking about it i've finally made the choice and ordered my new company car, wont come as a surprise to some of you i've gone for a C250 AMG Sport plus saloon in fire opal red as an automatic. 

It's been nice owning the Octavia but its time to move on, i'll still be around on the site causing trouble as ever.

Car arrives in 6-12 weeks apparently Octavia will be going at the end of September.

• Like 1

Sounds nice, good spec I presume, friend has a C220 saloon and that is nice enough.

In 6-12 weeks then Merc must have sorted their supply issues out - know the leadtimes have been much longer than that

Yes the spec is as below i've also added the DAB, Rear Camera and Harmon Kardon sound system

Driver Convenience Attention assist Bluetooth interface for hands free telephone COMAND HDD Navigation with media interface, radio/CD/DVD/MP3, 7" screen, linguatronic voice control, 10GB music register, memory card slot Colour information display Cruise control Parktronic - front/rear Service indicator (ASSYST PLUS) Speed sensitive steering Trip computer COMAND HDD Navigation with media interface, radio/CD/DVD/MP3, 7" screen, linguatronic voice control, 10GB music register, memory card slot Cruise control Entertainment Audio 20 radio/CD with 5.8" screen and Bluetooth connection USB connection Exterior Features Aerial in rear window AMG body styling AMG spoiler lip Automatic headlights Body colour bumpers Body colour door handles Chrome tailgate handle Chrome trim on rub strip and waistline trim Electric folding door mirrors + auto dimming rear view + drivers exterior door mirror Electric windows one touch open/close Electrically adjustable and heated door mirrors Green tinted glass Headlight wash system LED daytime running lights Radiator grille with integral star Rain sensor windscreen wipers Interior Features 1/3 to 2/3 split folding rear seats 3 spoke AMG steering wheel in Nappa leather AMG floormats Automatic climate control Bag hook in luggage compartment Black roof lining Child seat recognition sensor Dinamica/artico artificial leather upholstery Door sill panels with stainless steel inlays Electric front seat height adjustment Front and rear door pockets Front centre armrest with storage compartment Height/reach adjustable steering column Isofix rear child seat fastenings Lumbar adjustment for front seats Multi function steering wheel Neck-pro front headrests Rear centre armrest with cupholders Rear head restraints Sports pedals with stainless steel surfaces and rubber studs Sports seats Steering wheel gearshift paddles Storage and 12V socket in front centre console Sun visors with illuminated vanity mirrors Automatic climate control Electric front seat height adjustment Lumbar adjustment for front seats Storage and 12V socket in front centre console Packs Intelligent light system pack - C Class Storage pack - C Class Safety ABS + BAS Adaptive brake system AMG tuned ESP + ASR Black seat belts Drivers knee airbag Dual stage Driver/Passenger Airbags ESP with ASR Front and rear window airbags Front side airbags Hill start assist Pre-Safe anticipatory safety system Three 3 point rear seatbelts Tyre pressure warning Warning triangle and first aid kit Black seat belts Security Alarm system/interior protection/immobiliser Remote central locking Technical Agility control sports suspension with selective damping system Comfort suspension Diesel particulate filter Trim Brushed aluminium trim Wheels 18" 7 twin spoke bi-colour AMG alloy wheels Space saver spare wheel

While its not my car I've put two pictures on of what it'll look like so people can see

mkwf.jpg

8uan.jpg

• Like 1

and pause.........that is some spec list, and nice colour choice, can't say I've seen many (if any) red Mercs?

What are the emissions like with auto box - around 140g/km at a guess?

and pause.........that is some spec list, and nice colour choice, can't say I've seen many (if any) red Mercs?

What are the emissions like with auto box - around 140g/km at a guess?

thats why i picked red i thought its an uncommon colour, the co2 you're nearly spot on its 139g 

Twice the price though ?

Not as a lease car no, in reality the lease costs of it vs a well specced new mk3 VRS its only about 20% more per month, but crucially this is over 2000cc only just though, so according to HMRC mileage rates its 18ppm vs 15ppm 

What you're doing there Seb is mixing up lease costs with list prices, when it comes to leasing the figures are passed through a load of sums by the lease company things like residuals, running costs etc. 

For example when i was doing the order today a Prius was actually about 30% more to lease despite being a cheaper car list price wise

I have a MB Sport Plus :) I got it last summer and love it. Much prefer it to my Audi A4 3.0tdi Quattro that I had previously (and I did like that car). Great choice. I specced up the HiFi, auto dampers, light pack and a few bits and bobs, oh and I had it debadged

Here's a link to my photos of it

Here are a couple of extra interior details too

Edited by Lady Elanore

What you're doing there Seb is mixing up lease costs with list prices, when it comes to leasing the figures are passed through a load of sums by the lease company things like residuals, running costs etc. 

For example when i was doing the order today a Prius was actually about 30% more to lease despite being a cheaper car list price wise

Its ok wap I understand I'm not mixing up :) I think , if purchasing with own cash the merc would be twice the price ? Tonto was saying that the merc is much nicer than a skoda , I was eluding to the fact its twice the price with toys and beauty is in the eye of the beholder , I understand its a lease vehicle and you've got a nice employer and that its a georgeous looking car

I have a MB Sport Plus :) I got it last summer and love it. Much prefer it to my Audi A4 3.0tdi Quattro that I had previously (and I did like that car). Great choice. I specced up the HiFi, auto dampers, light pack and a few bits and bobs, oh and I had it debadged

Here's a link to my photos of it

Lovely motor great in black

• Like 1

Here is an idea of how economical the car is. Not bad for a big engine, heavy auto

2013-07-24191536_zpse3ef66a4.jpg

You can just make out I am using the cruise control by the outer dots on the speedo, but if you press the cruise button, this turns the cruise into a speed limiter. Brilliant!! set if for 52 in roadworks and you can keep up with the ebb and flow of the traffic without ever exceeding the limit (unless you hit the kickdown). Note the average for 140 miles is 69mph. Well I'm happy, but I don't get our much

Edited by Lady Elanore

Thanks. I was asked if I wanted the windows tinted when I ordered it. I replied I thought I would look like a drug dealer.

Looks great in black I was really torn but after having a black car with the octy I said never again

Looks great in black I was really torn but after having a black car with the octy I said never again

The pictures don't really show the exact colour. It's got a touch of blue and grey in it. I picked it because I saw the full fat AMG in this colour and had a bit of a 'moment'. Probably should have gone for safe grey :D Give me a shout if you have any questions :) Don't know if they are still doing it, but if so, you get free map upgrades for 3 years too :)

Edited by Lady Elanore

Give me a shout if you have any questions :) Don't know if they are still doing it, but if so, you get free map upgrades for 3 years too :)

Yep the lease company said its still included which was another big factor in the plus column for the car

I could do with a brief idea of how the cruise works with its stick, didn't play with that much on my test drive