The Skoda Yeti FL Discussion thread

Do you like the Yeti FL  

314 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the Yeti FL?

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided
  2. 2. Do you miss the front fog lights? (multiple choice answers possible)

• Yes
    • No
    • Looks fine without
    • Looks worse without
  3. 3. Has the FL made you more inclined to buy a new Yeti

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided

So is Laser white just another name for the metallic white? Or is it different to the launch Moon White?

Different. Three whites are showing - Laser, Candy and Moon.

teuchter

If it's the visualiser I'm thinking of, and have used, it wasn't on the UK website but on the skoda-auto.com site. Have you got a link to the one you used?

As such the colours you're seeing there might not be available in the UK. Just a thought.

I followed a link to the visualiser from this page http://www.skoda.co.uk/models/yeti-outdoor/overview/Pages/default.aspx, which took me to this one: http://skoda-apps.azurewebsites.net/apps/visualizer/player/index.html?config=http://skoda-apps.azurewebsites.net/apps/visualizer/config/yeti-outdoor/config-yeti-outdoor-enGB.js - which then links back to the SUK configurator.

teuchter

Yeah, it does goto a GB/UK section of the configurator, following that path.

But then there's always the usual caveats;

Please note - ŠKODA reserves the right to change the prices, colours and technical data of models shown and described in the car configurator. Accompanying pictures are for illustrative and informative purposes only. Appearance of colours depends on the set up of your monitor.

Picked up my 1.2 TSI SE in Capuccino this afternoon. Couple of pictures parked at dealers while waiting for salesman.

Ordered Sept 5th and stored by dealer for 4 weeks so  I could have a 14 reg. Learnt to live with one car over winter.

attachicon.gifyeti1.jpg attachicon.gifyeti2.jpg attachicon.gifyeti3.jpg

There was a Jungle Green Yeti 4 x 4 in the workshop - looked a lot darker than I expected from pictures. Ok it wasn't very light in there but my wife thought it was khaki  :wonder:

Best pics I have seen of a 1.2 Outdoor SE so far. We pick up the same spec car in red at the end of the week. I had some reservations as to whether not spec'ing one of the alternate optional alloys was a bad idea given the vague configurator image, but they really suit the car IMO. :thumbup:

I saw two FL Yetis yesterday as I drove back to London with the caravan on tow. I now realise the first one I overtook in Scotland must have had the DRLs switched to a low power mode or something hence they were like candles as I said before.  Both the ones I saw I bloody bright LED DRLs.  Yay.

".......low power mode......." I'm assuming he had parkers/low beam selected which dims DRLs (thank god).

Had a look this evening as to what lights light when, on TIBET III (FL CR170 L&K):

LED DRLs very bright when in DRL mode (lights off) 

LED DRLs dim when the headlights are on

LED DRLs act as the front 'side lights' - also in dim mode

Also, Xenons are Xenons now and not Bi-Xenons which they were pre-FL (as far as my understanding of the terms). On the FL, 'dipped' main beam is by Xenons, 'high' main beam brings in the non-Xenon bulbs inboard of the Xenon units. Pre FL main beam was all done by Xenons and smoke and mirrors....

Edit - see post #1018....

They probably use the same system as the Superb... bi-xenons (one bulb with the main beam activated with a shutter system) BUT there are also a pair of halogen main beam lights (mainly for flashing your lights when the xenons are not on)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Maybe Laser white has been brought in as they realise that Moon white looks the same as Candy White. They don't seem to have put enough metallic in Moon White to make it different enough. And yes the DLR's are only dim when they are being used as side lights. 

Maybe Laser white has been brought in as they realise that Moon white looks the same as Candy White.

LOL, it really doesn't. See them side by side in real life and they're markedly different.

LOL, it really doesn't. See them side by side in real life and they're markedly different.

Maybe. I was just hoping for more of a difference like the Audi A3 I keep seeing which looks awesome. 

What colour is the A3? If it's a white that particularly stood out it's unlikely to be Ibis or Amalfi white. It'll be Glacier white - paint code 2Y2Y. Moon white paint code? - 2Y2Y.

• Like 1

Not sure what colour white it is, It almost has a pearlescent effect and really changes colour depending on the light. It does appear quite grey/silver at times under our dull skies.. You can tell its not a solid white some distance away where as when I look out of the window at our Moon White I can't tell it's metallic, It just looks a shade different to the Hyundai i10 that parks next to it which is solid. Now I'm beginning to think they ordered it in Candy as per our original pre f/l order. Where do I find the paint code?

Yup, if it looks like really pale bluey grey in certain lights it's 2Y2Y. It was actually a new A3 sport back in that colour that prompted me to order it on the yeti. Seen a couple of other Audi's in it too since and it really suits them.

I've not checked this on our yeti yet but the paint code is normally embedded with the other build codes on a sticker in the front of the front of the service schedule and another sticker under the boot carpet.

Yup, if it looks like really pale bluey grey in certain lights it's 2Y2Y. It was actually a new A3 sport back in that colour that prompted me to order it on the yeti. Seen a couple of other Audi's in it too since and it really suits them.

I've not checked this on our yeti yet but the paint code is normally embedded with the other build codes on a sticker in the front of the front of the service schedule and another sticker under the boot carpet.

Will have a look for the paint code in the morning as to my eyes ours doesn't look anywhere near the same. Does your Moon White look just the same as the Audi's then Nick?

Back to the FL (Bi)-Xenon headlights....

I stand corrected as per Wardy and Gizmo's posts above.

Engaging the help of A N Other, the 'inboard' non-Xenon bulbs do indeed provide the 'flash' when headlights are off.

When the headlights are on and in 'high beam' mode, the inboard bulbs again come on and the Xenons do indeed go up a notch too.

Result is awesome owl-felling brightness - brighter even than the:  :sun:

Yup. Just the same. Maybe you've just not seen yours from the same angle in the same light as the Audi? :)

Maybe. Either way I am more than happy we chose white. It looks great and really suits the monster.