Citigo First Service.

Stu308

The dealer should be able to replace the book, I thought that they also keep a record of all 'interactions' with the car in a national database, I know mini/bmw do as they could tell me every time my used mini had been into any dealer and what work had/hadent been done! also it keeps track of any recall work done (legal requirement I believe?)

so if you loose the book after 3 services, any skoda dealer should be able to find out when and where it was serviced

Well just had an email from Skoda UK and it stated

The 'Cambelt replacements for your vehicle, Chassis Number TMBZZZAAZDD?????? should be carried out at 160,000 miles'

So that begs the question if the 4 year service justifies the £600 people have been speculating it will cost?

There is no way at current mileage (5K year) that our car will last 32 years. However even with changing it at 100,000 miles that would put it at around 8 - 10 years for the higher mileage users and cost more than the cars would be worth?

Ok fella, thanks for clearing that up.

Is anyone actually going to leave it 160000miles before changing the belts?

Surely there must be a time scale, such as 4 years?

OK so I now have to eat my words as the Chap from Skoda did not tell me all the details of the cam belt change. I have started a thread called Citigo Service Schedule. http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/286150-citigo-service-schedule/

What was said 'Cambelt replacements for your vehicle, Chassis Number TMBZZZAAZDD?????? should be carried out at 160,000 miles'

What was not said 'Or 4 years