Jamahon's Fabia vrs - matte grey, recaro cs etc

jamahon

Got itTuesday night, gave it a small clean tonight, im trying to upload pictures but it says there too big so if someone could tell me how to get round this it would be great.

Its not the best car for bodywork but im going to try out a touch up pen, and along with some t cut im hoping it will be in better shape. Mechanically it feels brilliant and its got a full service history which is a bonus.

Its completely standard, but the mods ill be doing soon will be black wheels, roof and wing mirrors,
Colour code door handles and side strips
New headunit and parcel shelf speakers
Wind deflectors
10mm spacers
Possibly 25mm eibach springs
Leather seats
Tidying up engine bay with hoses etc

As im using the car for a big commute im unsure about the bigger bits, but I should think in time itll see a new intercooler, uprated clutch and flywheel, turbo back exhaust and then a remap and possibly a bigger turbo. I also want to look at the open front bumper with the number plate to the side but ive got no idea how to go about this.

Any help and reccomendations would be greatly appreciated.

Cant seem to find the download for it so pics will have to wait. Thanks with the help for the bumper, if I mess it up ill get a new as its pretty badly stone chipped anyway.

I've got various things planned in my head, but im just waiting to see if I fall in love with it as ive not had a chance to drive it yet as im waiting to sell my current car.

Upload to either http://imageshack.us/ or http://photobucket.com/ then copy the links onto here by clicking the little picture and pasting the link into the pop-up box.

Even facebook links work after a slight modification, they start https..... You just need to remove the 's' on some sites, not tried it here yet.

Congratulations on the new car too, can't wait to see it  ;)  

Right here are the links, hopefully they work. Never realised uploading pictures would be so difficult lol.

http://i1345.photobucket.com/albums/p668/jamahon19/20130815_202747_zps063969ea.jpg

http://i1345.photobucket.com/albums/p668/jamahon19/20130815_202716_zpsef3b221e.jpg

http://i1345.photobucket.com/albums/p668/jamahon19/20130815_202731_zpsf487d9f3.jpg

These were taken after the clean thursday and aren't brilliant. Gave it another big clean yesterday which included about 2 hours of bug and what I think was red berry removal.

• 2 weeks later...

So first update, I gambled taking the side strips off, couldnt have gone worse. Paint has bubbled and has even peeled in places so theyre now held on with number plate tape. Im getting the bottom of the doors all resprayed next weekend so that should tidy it up alot.

• 4 months later...

No updates for a while now... I was really thinking about keeping this as a works car and buying a clio 182 to play with, but after test driving one I just preferred the fabia! So the car has remained standard however the future is bright!

Just had my allard boost pipe come and im waiting on an egr delete as well, the car is booked on at jabba in a couple of weeks for fitting and a remap. Also got a new head unit which was a pain in the arse to fit.

The car is also booked in for a full wrap in a couple of months, but I'm not revealing the colour, it's different to say the least! In the mean time im just tidying bits up and buying the smaller bits to make a difference.

• 2 weeks later...

So the remap has gone out the window for the time being. I got offered a forge fmic, wide mouth front bumper, milltek turbo back exhaust with decat and some coilovers at a fantastic price which I collected last night. Safe to say it was a tight squeeze in the back of the fab!

The coilovers will be going on after the wrap and i'll also being spraying the wheels as a temporary fix until I get some new ones (unsure on what yet). My engine goodies will all be going on and getting mapped in during the summer, probably July, August time as I want to save up for a hybrid turbo and new clutch as well. I'm hoping to hit 230bhp.

• 1 month later...

so the plans have once again gone up in the air. I decided I couldnt wait until summer to get the car finished, so over the last month ive collected a couple more bits, kept things and tidy and decided on exactly what I need to get it finished - these bits will all be ordered at the end of the month.

my bentley arnage green label wheels have just arrived and ill be running slightly stretched tyres, with 25mm front adaptors, 35mm rear adaptors and around a 50mm drop on the coilovers. anybody know where I could get 2 new centre caps at a decent price? the going rate is around £50 per side!!

the car is going in to be wrapped on the 28th of this month, and the wheels will be going red to match the new colours.

the car should be near finished by the end of april with just my speakers and new seats to buy and fit. engine wise everything will be getting done by dirtytorque, but im going to hold off on the bigger turbo

until probably next year and just enjoy the car for a while.

pics below!

post-106760-0-46853300-1393965267_thumb.jpg

post-106760-0-03927600-1393965312_thumb.jpg

post-106760-0-35253000-1393965337_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

So my new plates and badges came recently, but disappointed with the plates as they're nothing like how I ordered them but they'll be going on until i organise some new ones.

Also got my wheels back on Monday from being refurbed, i'm just hoping the car can pull them off.

Cars going in this friday for some filling and to remove a big dent in my rear 1/4 in prep for the wrap this weekend. I was planning to have the door sills etc done in the wrap, as i think the silver showing will annoy me, but the sills were being done in plastidip. The wrapper has just come back to me and said the plastidip is awful so the sills will remain silver for a while, but it'll probably start to really grind my cars after a few weeks.

Picture of my wheels below, next update should be tuesday/wednesday next week with a completely different looking car!

post-106760-0-18727100-1395838151_thumb.jpg

post-106760-0-94558700-1395838243_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

2 update pictures after the prep work was done! Had really bad bubbling under the side strips so thats been fixed and the strips will be staying off. Also had a day in the body shop getting a rear quarter dent removed.

post-106760-0-49245800-1396299946_thumb.jpeg

post-106760-0-21998800-1396299959_thumb.jpeg

Looks like great progress. Wrapping sounds interesting. Look forward to seeing the results :)

thanks mate. So am I! Ive seen the colour and its slightly lighter than what I had in my head so im crossing my fingers.

Its still on track for being finished wednesday so I'll have an update straight away!

Nice wheels ;)

I wanted to do my set red :D

What centres u getting for them?

and what colour wrap?

thanks mate, got to admit I was sold after I saw your setup on them! I just hope the car can pull off the red.

They're standard bentley centres just hydrodipped in carbon but im going to get a gel bit over the top, not sure what yet though.

the wrap was meant to be a dark matte grey with carbon red roof and wing mirrors, but the colour is quite a bit lighter than planned, so ill have pictures of wednesday!

Sounds good :)

Might have missed it earlier in your thread but have u got coilovers now? Read something about 25mm Eibach springs n you will need to be lower to pull off the Bentleys ;)

I think it will be either really good or really bad. But I keep telling myself no matter what, it will be unique haha.

yeh pretty much everything in the early stages of this thread has all gone in the bin lol. Ive got some Jom coilovers sat waiting to go on, not the best but theyll do a job for the time being. Im thinking of dropping it about 50mm but ill see how if sits once ive got them on and go from there.

• 3 weeks later...

So, I've got the car back when I expected, but i've been holding off taking pictures because i've been waiting for a chance to use my new matte cleaning stuff. The wrap is now done and the wheels and coilovers are on as well. Also put my new centre caps on! The wrap isn't perfect if you go round close up, but for the price I paid it's fantastic, and the dent is unoticeable now, which was the main reason i got the wrap done in the first place.

I don't think much will be happening now for a few months, I'm just going to enjoy it, keep it clean and go to a few shows i think. Oh, and i'll also be collecting parts for the next big update! It needs a service, tax, mot and insurance over the next few months so that will keep me busy.

One bad thing I have discovered with the car is a fairly large oil leak. Me and my mate found a small pool of oil under the car after it was left on axel stands overnight before we did the coilovers. the drivers side arch is also covered in oil at the bottom, but my mate is a vw mechanic, and is convinced its a boost pipe leak, as the car isn't actually using anymore oil than it should, and there's no dodgey noises or loss of power etc. Hoping someone can confirm this!

The wrap on the wing mirrors and door handles has actually come out fairly poor, so they are going back to be hydro-dipped in red carbon at the end of the month, and once I get hold of a donor set.

Pics to follow!

Hiya mate... good stuff and liking the upgrades. If you go for a remap, you'll need to take those accelera tyres off to fully benefit. Otherwise in a corner whilst pushing on, you'll have 300lbft to deal with which those tyres will not cope with.... you'll go straight on. You cannot skimp on tyres when you up the power, you'll get sick of wheelspinning!

You've definitely given your car some attitude :happy:

with the oil leak, it will only be spent oil vapour, which has almost evaporated but then condensed in the piping (turned back to liquid).. then found its weak / lowest point, and dripped out. New seals will sort it, if you haven't done so already you'll see that your intercooler will have a puddle of oil at the bottom of it. Its nothing to worry about, every single diesel car made in the VAG group suffers this, thats 100's of thousands of vehicles if not more. On my last VAG car, mk4 golf tdi I changed the entire IC system. Even a year later, I had the undo it all and drain oil vapour. You can get about a good cup full over a year build up. Fitting a catch can will eradicate some of it, you'll always have some pool in the system somewhere. These are not called dirty diesels for no reason! You just have to live with it, its part of the ownership.

Hiya mate... good stuff and liking the upgrades. If you go for a remap, you'll need to take those accelera tyres off to fully benefit. Otherwise in a corner whilst pushing on, you'll have 300lbft to deal with which those tyres will not cope with.... you'll go straight on. You cannot skimp on tyres when you up the power, you'll get sick of wheelspinning!

You've definitely given your car some attitude :happy:

with the oil leak, it will only be spent oil vapour, which has almost evaporated but then condensed in the piping (turned back to liquid).. then found its weak / lowest point, and dripped out. New seals will sort it, if you haven't done so already you'll see that your intercooler will have a puddle of oil at the bottom of it. Its nothing to worry about, every single diesel car made in the VAG group suffers this, thats 100's of thousands of vehicles if not more. On my last VAG car, mk4 golf tdi I changed the entire IC system. Even a year later, I had the undo it all and drain oil vapour. You can get about a good cup full over a year build up. Fitting a catch can will eradicate some of it, you'll always have some pool in the system somewhere. These are not called dirty diesels for no reason! You just have to live with it, its part of the ownership.

Hi mate, yeh I plan to get new tyres I just couldnt afford afull set of decent ones at the time! Lol. Not sure what figures ill make, as im not sure about this 4 bar map sensor for the intercooler.

I plan on replacing the full intercooler set up and fitting a catchcan so hoping that will fix it. Just didnt think it should leak that much!

• Like 1