What made you smile whilst driving?

sparks03

1 hour ago, mac11irl said:

On the way to the shops yesterday, Linkin Park "Crawling" got played on the Amundsen's sd card shuffle mode. 

Spud liked it.. made me put it on repeat..

Made me put it on repeat again today going to and from swimming class, and told me to be quiet when i started singing along :D

Sounds like he's got good taste:clap: like his Dad. Keep Rocking Spud.:rock:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mac11irl said:

He also likes Evanescense ;)

But hes reeeeeally after latching onto Crawling for reason :D

Try and get him into Irish rock such as U2, Thin Lizzy, Gary Moore or Rory Gallagher. Perhaps give Bob Geldof a miss though.:tongueout:

15 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

Is it just Bono surely you must like the Edge?:thinking:

Larry.... Mullins... seems like an ordinary lad. "Edge" is as big an ego as Bonio...

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

When you refill your fuel tank, and reset trip 2, as per always to see what distance i get tank to tank, and the range goes from 35km to 1010km. Then, after you drive 145km your range is 970km :)

if that was the insignia, it wouldve gone up to about 980km and after 145k wouldve been down to around 800... inefficient bucket...

6 minutes ago, mac11irl said:

When you refill your fuel tank, and reset trip 2, as per always to see what distance i get tank to tank, and the range goes from 35km to 1010km. Then, after you drive 145km your range is 970km :)

if that was the insignia, it wouldve gone up to about 980km and after 145k wouldve been down to around 800... inefficient bucket...

This happened to me the other day. Jumped in the wife's car said 120 miles left in the tank. Drove 27 miles to work and computer informed me that there was 130 miles range left in the tank. Like QUEEN once sang "It's A Kinda Magic".:)

8 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

This happened to me the other day. Jumped in the wife's car said 120 miles left in the tank. Drove 27 miles to work and computer informed me that there was 130 miles range left in the tank. Like QUEEN once sang "It's A Kinda Magic".:)

I think the ecu is able to determine your destination when you get in and it actually calculates the range you will have after you have arrived at that destination ;)

• 3 weeks later...

4.6litres/100km fuel consumption average from East Glasgow down to Cairnryan.

4.9 avg since i left Tipperary yesterday.. 

So far i have done 693km and my range is still 430. Though phase 6 belfast to tipp wont be quite as frugal bumbling down the MWay...

Also, a bigger smile.. being able to change ferry to the earlier 330 sailing, for all of €7.50 at 11am today i stead of the 730 crossing. Thus I will be at, or very close to, home before my original sailing will have even docked in Belfast :)

try doing that with Ryanair et al. 

• Like 2

Decided to try a tank of BP this time instead of my usual V-Power and impressed so far with the range left 300 miles after driving 175 miles (total 475 miles or 760km) compared to my normal 440 mile range on Shell. Perhaps the experiment will continue for a second tank to eradicate the placebo effect.:thumbup:

Round trip complete, 35hrs 57mins front door to front door. 

Range hit 0 5kms from home...

IMAG4067.thumb.jpg.e3e1c9fb08f3122ad4c1c79bd7de3dbc.jpg

Be interesting to see how much it takes to refill in the morning :D

(only a mile to my usual place ;) )

• Like 2

55.51 litres to the click!

54mpg average given how much was motorway cruising is quite a happy total!

Wouldnt have gotten anywhere near that in either the insignia or the work van.

Edited by mac11irl
  • Like 1