1st post - just ordered an Octavia - a few questions!

Hello All, This is my first post so be gentle ;-) Yesterday I ordered an Octavia Elegance 2.0TDI Hatch in Race Blue. Ordering a factory build would of meant waiting until November for delivery however they said there was an unregistered car "at another dealer" (I took that to mean stock allocated to a dealer) and that they were able to obtain it for me for delivery in mid September. Now I've been reading on here about Front Assist only recently entering production, being that this is a car that isn't a factory build, what are the chances that this car doesn't have Front Assist? Also, is there anything I need to look out for when I pick the car up? Thanks Andy

Edited by boff180

:-( I haven't been advised that the Spec will be different when they offered it me, I think I'll ring them tomorrow for clarification.

Is this the only spec difference recently?

Ta

Andy

The Elegance I test drove at dealers didn't have electrically folding door mirrors, but now they have. Might be worth checking that out. The forum item in the list headed "Lots of new build info etc is worth a look.

Edited by kalpat

The Elegance I test drove at dealers didn't have electrically folding door mirrors, but now they have. Might be worth checking that out. The forum item in the list headed "Lots of new build info etc is worth a look.

That us strange about the mirrors as I have an early octy (built in may) and it has folding mirrors.

That us strange about the mirrors as I have an early octy (built in may) and it has folding mirrors.

Same here mine is one of the very first cars built early April and it has the folding mirrors.

Thanks for the help guys,

The dealer has checked this morning and confirmed the vehicle was built in June and does not have Front Assist, no-one anticipated this issue due to it now being August.

I've told them I want the spec that I have paid for (standard as of last weekend plus spare wheel). They are now looking into a factory order and will let me know a definitive delivery timescale later today but anticipate November.

Can't fault the Dealer who have been nothing but extremely helpful and apologetic.

Thanks again.

Andy

• 1 month later...

Well I picked up today and I'm very happy.

I have front assist and contrary to what my dealer said I also have the intelligent high beam light assistant as I found out tonight!

Since refuelling her this evening she has clocked at 51.5mpg on a run and back to a friends in the countryside. Can't wait to see what she does when run in!

Ill post some pics tomorrow.

Andy

• Like 4

Guys just a quick question.

Has anyone's car come with a first aid kit or triangle? Mine are missing from their locations listed in the manual.

Also the front assist, has anyone got a glass dome in front of the radar per the brochure images? Mine is exposed and I'm wondering how hardy it will be vs stones?

Ta

Andy